Chapter 8

"So, you are willing to lose your career?"

You blink, suddenly feeling overwhelmed by the question.

"You're willing to lose your whole career, the one that took decades of studying and hard work to achieve, just for a couple of notes that might not even be helpful?"

You gulp.

"Y-yes." 

-

You take a deep breath before standing up from the bed. 

Jungkook looks at you wearily, "are you really doing this?"

You nod. "Jungkook, I'm going to trust you to stay here while I go and sneak into Jimin's room." 

"What if he's in the room?" Jungkook exclaims with a bewildered expression. 

"He's not. He's in a meeting right now," you say while walking towards the door. 

"Y/N, I really don't think that it's a good idea," Jungkook says in an almost pleading tone. 

You shake your head, "Jungkook, I am doing this to save YOU. At least support my actions in helping you."

"But why would you put your own career at risk, just to help me?" 

You pause mid-way while opening the door.  You turn back and stare at the boy with a half-hearted smile. 

"I'd rather save an innocent life than keep my job," and with that, you turn and walk out the door. 

Jungkook was in a state of shock. Your words playing in his head. I'd rather save an innocent life than keep my job. 

Jungkook felt a warm tingle in his heart. He brushed it off as heartburn. 

~

You agitatedly walk through the hallways, slightly mumbling curses at your uncomfortable attire that you hadn't bothered to change out of after Yoongi's meeting. The tight black dress accompanied with the black leather heels were giving you absolute hell as you made your way over to Jimin's room. You eyes soon catch sight of the glossy white door with a small plate holding the numbers  795. The room that belonged to Jimin and Namjoon. All of a sudden your heartbeat quickens. Fear kicks in as the reality of the situation dawns upon you. Jungkook's voice plays in the back of your mind. 

You're risking your career. 

You shake off your thoughts before hesitantly walking towards the hotel room. You pull out the spare room key Namjoon gave you and slowly edge towards the door. Your hands tremble as they near the doorknob. Paranoia knocks at your senses as you feel as if someone was watching you-

"Y/N!"

You jump back in surprise and nearly topple over but luckily you steady yourself. You spin around to see who it is. 

"Jungkook?! What the hell are you doing out here?" You yell upon seeing the boy. 

"I wanted to come and help you," the brunette slightly pouts upon hearing your scolding tone.

"What, why?" 

"Because- because- I just felt like I need to help you since this is for my sake."