Chapter 3

Caution: Contains scenes of slight abuse and violence 

-

"All rise."

The sound of feet shuffling and chairs squeezing echoes through the courtroom.

"Today we are here for a re-trial of the Murder Case of the Jeons, we have Ms Kim Y/N, who will be defending the accused, and we have Mr Park Jimin who will lead the prosecution."

Your eyes dart over towards the other side of the courtroom upon hearing the familiar name. You were expecting Mr Jung Choi, the previous prosecutor, to be leading the case and you are quite surprised to see Jimin standing there.

"Huh, he must have convinced Namjoon to let him be the prosecutor." You mutter under your breath to no-one in particular.

"Okay, to start the trial, will Ms Kim please stand and claim why this trial should commence," the judge looks at you calmly, waiting for you to speak.

The whole room is cushioned with silence. You look over at Jungkook, who is nervously fiddling with his fingers, and softly smile at him.

You take a deep breath before speaking, "Jeon Jungkook, who has been charged with the Capital Punishment for the murder of his parent's, stated his alibi to me, from this information I have deduced that there was not enough credible evidence to charge him with such a severe punishment."

Jimin stands up, "Objection, your Honour."

"The accused was the only other person who was in the hotel room with them, no visitors had entered the hotel room."

The judge looks over at you, awaiting your response.

"This statement is false, your honour," you look over at the Jimin before continuing.

"The hotel room did not have any personal guests, that statement is correct, however, there is surveillance footage of room service and even guest from other hotel rooms briefly entering their room."

"You're honour, as attorney Kim just stated, the people who did enter the hotel room only 'briefly' entered. The Jeon's were brutally murdered and their body parts were crushed in a blender, their bodies were unrecognisable, this murder could not have taken only a few minutes, it is clear that it was a very time-consuming crime," Jimin replies swiftly.

You bite your lip, the whole room waits for your response. "Well, there could possibly have been more than one murderer at the scene, thus making it easier and quicker."

The judge looks over at Jimin, "Prosecutor Park? Do you have an objection to this?"

Jimin's face is expressionless but you can't help but notice the slight smirk he holds.

"Even if there were two murderers, that doesn't hide the fact that Jeon Jungkook would have had a very good motive for the murder; Jungkook was known to have a strong hatred towards his parents due to them treating him harshly as a kid. Not only that, but the Jeon's had an insurance plan that gave their credit cards 95 trillion won if they had passed away, Jungkook being the only living representative of the credit card, could easily get the large sum of money. To top it all of, samples of his hair was found around the crime scene. When we look at all these simple details, it is obvious that he murdered his parents."

The whole courtroom is in awe. You can feel Jungkook's disappointment as the Judge slowly raises his gavel. Everyone already knew the outcome of this court session.