Chapter 21

-

You'd like to think it was a miracle, or maybe even some good karma playing out. Because when you saw that email, your hands started to shake in a way they've never shaken before. 

"Dear, ms Kim," 

the email started with. It was a simple introduction but it led to the jaw-dropping information that had your head spinning. 

"I was the person rooming next to Mr and Mrs Jeon during the time of the murder." 

Now, this had piqued your interest, your tilted your head in curiosity and kept reading. 

"The night of the murder, I was watching and recording the meteor shower, I hadn't realised till now, but my camera has caught some interesting footage." 

You lifted your eyebrow, eyes narrowed as you read the message. 

"I think the Jeons are still alive."

And you knew this. You had figured it out. But you still kept reading. 

"And I don't think that Mr Jung Hoseok committed suicide." 

Now this made you freeze. You always had a hunch that the two cases were linked. 

"This is why:" 

-

Hoseok didn't usually take out the trash, it wasn't part of his job, the room servers were supposed to do that. But being the kind-hearted boy he was, he didn't mind doing a favour. Plus, it was his last day at work, might as well help out as much as he could before he leaves.

If only he had known that it wasn't just his last day at work...

Hoseok opens the two metal doors while heaving the black trash bag onto his back. The boy heads over to the large bin but suddenly freezes his actions upon seeing a horrific sight in front of him.

... but also his last day alive. 

The sky roars with thunder as he stands frozen, observing the horrific scene.

"Just dump these in here?" The man speaks, startling the boy. He couldn't quite see his face properly, but there was this familiarity to his voice. 

"No, we need to burn it. If we want to make it look like we were murdered, we can't leave behind such evidence." This time it's a woman, her voice sounding a little more rushed and panicked. 

Hoseok bites his tongue to prevent himself from making any noise. 

There's a pause. "Where should we go off and burn it?" 

"Uh, I don't bloody know, maybe  somewhere in the forest?"

"Mm, okay." 

Hoseok clenches his fist, he isn't quite sure what is happening but he does know that whatever the people are talking about, it is illegal. It isn't just a guess, he can tell because of the blood dripping off their hands. 

"C'mon, let's go, we have to hurry. If they realise what we have do-"

"Stop your fuss woman!" The man growls. "They won't be able to figure out for a while, the animals have been crushed to pulp and have human body parts in the mix, they won't be able to figure out-"