Chapter 11

A/N: Make sure you read till the end of this chap 😶

-

You enter the courtroom with elegance. Your posture heightened, eyes firm and head held high. 

You look confident, powerful. You hold this intimidating glare that made people quiver in their seats. 

This was, of course, all for show. A simple mask that was worn to please the public. 

Because behind this brave facade you put on was a mess. A scared, nervous and helpless mess. 

Your mind was in a whirlwind of thoughts. Your head was pounding with so many questions, and you felt almost dizzy. But of course, no one seems to notice that. No one seems to notice the slight quiver of your lips, the shakiness of your hands or the occasional ragged breath that slips past your lips. And you were thankful for that because you didn't want anyone to see how vulnerable you were. To see you as a weak child. To see the little girl being the large velvet curtains. 

 You are strong, clever an independent. This is how the public saw you and you didn't want to have it any other way. 

You walk over to your desk, in which the brunette haired boy was already seated. The boy was nervously fiddling with his fingers as you approach him.

"Hi, Jungkook."

The boy looks up at you, his dark charcoal irises spinning with unreadable emotions before he replies. 

"Hi," he says in a small voice. 

You sit down next to the boy, eyes fixed on nothing but the files in front of you. 

Your heart was thumping against your chest, beating so fast and ferociously that you are almost sure that Jungkook could hear it. He couldn't, you're just paranoid. 

Jungkook was staring at you and he was in awe. You look so confident, so brave. You had a slight smirk on your face that made you look cocky and somewhat intimidating.

But the smirk wasn't to seem cocky nor was it to seem confident, no, instead it was to extinguish your burning need to scream. 

Jungkook was so intrigued by the lack of nervousness you portrayed. Most would be shaking, breaking down or even chickening out if they were in your place. Because who in the right mind wouldn't be nervous knowing they have the fate of someone's lives in their hands. Jungkook couldn't help but think that you remind him of someone.

Jungkook stares at you as you casually flip through some files. Who in the right mind. He thinks to himself, inspecting you curiously.  

The boy, however, seems to miss the slightly shaky breath you let out.

But despite this, Jungkook knew. He knew you feel scared. He knew because he had also worn the same mask before, the mask you were wearing now. 

That's who you reminded him of: Himself. 

 You remind him of how many years ago he was forced to put on a brave face in front of the many businessmen and woman that his parents forced him to talk to. He remembered how scared he felt, and he remembered his smile. That fake toxic smile he had practised in front of the mirror for days just to make it look real, to make it look believable. And it did, everyone was deceived by his smile. Everyone thought he was Jeon Jungkook, the bright, confident and smart son of the Jeons' who could talk without stuttering. Not Jeon Jungkook, the boy who was trembling behind his tight suit and wishing to be held in his mother's arms because meeting so many people at such a young age was just too overwhelming and he felt like he couldn't breathe because of all the questions being thrown at him and-