Chapter 25 - Final

But instead, he is met with a shocking sight that has his heart freezing.

"Y/N?!" 

-

Jungkook stumbles a little as he stares at you, his pitch-black eyes enlargening almost comically. 

You stare back at him, eyes firm and unmoving, a sly smirk resting on your lips. 

A wicked cackle is heard from behind causing the immobile boy to flinch. 

"Well hello there, Ms Kim," Mr Jeon speaks from behind. He walks up next to Jungkook, his face firm and features hindered with amusement. 

You nod in acknowledgment towards the man. "Mr Jeon."

The man smiles, "you know, when you had first mentioned this plan, I must admit that I was very nervous that you would pull out, but I'm glad you went through with it." 

Jungkook's brows droop low in shock and confusion. "What plan?" he calls out meekly. 

Jungkook's mother steps forward with a prideful smile. "You see, Jungkook, your partner in crime is actually just a double agent." 

Jungkook stumbles back away from his parents but then flinches when the gun aimed at his head pokes him harder. 

"I-it can't be. What do you mean!?" 

The Jeons chuckle at the frantic boy. "Your lawyer. She contacted us a few days ago and told us about your plan on visiting us. She told us how she managed to get you out of jail and the only way we could actually kill you off is if we do it face to face." Mr Jeon grabs Jungkook's jaw, inspecting the boy's face carefully before pushing it away in disgust. "I guess you could say we played a little prank on you, Jungkook. All thanks to the help of her."

Jungkook spins around slowly, his dull irises meeting yours. He stares at you, his face emotionless but eyes screaming a thousand words. Hatred, anger, betrayal

Why? Is the unasked question that lingers in the tense atmosphere between you two.

You roll your eyes at the boy before staring at his parents. "Do you have the money as promised?"

Mr Jeon nods, pulling out a wad of cash from his pocket. 

You narrow your eyes. "How did you get all that money? Since you have no income from your companies." 

Mr Jeon shrugs simply, "insurance fraud, scamming, drug dealing. There are other ways- might I say, much easier ways- to get money than running a company." 

You nod nonchalantly before reaching out for the wad of cash. 

"Uh uh uh, not so fast," says the old man, pulling back the cash. "You haven't finished the deal yet."

You stare at him with a raised brow until he speaks again. 

"Kill him," he says while pointing his head in Jungkook's direction. 

You shift your gaze over to Jungkook who stares at you with a lifeless expression. 

"Give me a count down, Mr Jeon." 

The man chuckles before counting. 

"5,"

You tighten your grip on the gun.

"4" 

You steady your position on the ground.  

"3"

You raise the gun to Jungkook's forehead. 

"2"

You wrap your dainty fingers around the trigger and slowly push down.