Chapter 5

-

"Jungkook, where are the keys to the handcuffs?"

---

Your mouth goes dry as you look up at the male.

"U-uh, check your suitcase," Jungkook suggests hastily.

"Right, yeah suitcase, suitcase," you mumble as you spin around and search for your bag.

Jungkook walks up behind you and awkwardly waits as you rummage through your luggage. You toss your clothes aside and your eyes scan around for a metal key. "Where could it be," you mutter out loud to yourself.

You stand up, a distressed look teasing your face. "Ahh think, okay if you were a key, where would you go?"

Jungkook furrows his eyebrows in deep thought. "Ah-ha!" the male exclaims, his gloomy features now lighting up.

You wait expectedly for him to reveal his solution.

"Near a door," he states proudly.

Your expectant look drops to the ground and you replace it with an irritant glare. "Thought you were supposed to be smart," you mumble lowly.

Jungkook's ears catch a glimpse of your words, hearing only "you" and "smart". The boy straightens his posture in victory, thinking that he's finally done something right.

"Where was the last place I left it," you think out loud.

Jungkook frowns, "aren't we going to check near the doors?"

You shoot the boy an incredulous look. "Jungkook, these are keys to a handcuff, not a freaking door!"

Jungkook looks at you blankly.

"Did you seriously study la-"

"I mean near the doors," he interrupts you. "Where the coat hangers are."

You look at him quizzically.

Jungkook sighs. "There's a coat hanger near the entrance of the hotel, you hung your jacket there this morning while we were sorting out the hotel bookings."

You mouth slightly drops open in realisation.

"I could have dropped it there." "You could have dropped it there."

You and Jungkook speak simultaneously.

Without even missing a beat you start to run. Grabbing your wallet and phone before exiting the room. Jungkook hurries along behind you, quickly grabbing two face masks with his free hand as he leaves.

The two of you sprint to the front of the hotel. Though, it wasn't as easy as just sprinting to the front entrance. Thanks to this being a five-star hotel, the two of you nearly broke a few bones try to sprint down 20 flights of stairs. You could have easily taken the elevator, but no because:

One: elevator music sucks ass.

Two: you have no common sense.

Three: you had a doughnut for lunch and felt the need to burn it off.

The third reason was just an excuse to justify your stupidity.

Jungkook and you finally make it to the lobby. You both pant heavily and you hold your sides as the stitch in your lower abdomen eats at your senses.