Chapter 20

Warning: Mentions procedures of execution.

"This whole murder was staged."

-

Taehyung gasps, feeling his throat go dry. "S-so the Jeons' are still alive and breathing?"

You nod, eyes glaring at the paper in front of you, the subtle shake in your hands causing the shocking words to merge into a blur.

The room goes silent, everyone letting the fact sink in. The Jeons' aren't dead. There's no murderer-

"JUNGKOOK!" you scream when the sudden realisation hits you. "H-he is getting executed today."

"O-"

You don't even let the other's speak before you start sprinting. Your feet slap against the pavement as you run towards your car. The only thing going through your head is the brunette-haired boy.

It is at times like this that you wish you have teleportation powers, this test against time is proving to be too gut-wrenching for your liking.

As soon as you get in the car, you slam on the accelerator, the engine roaring as it lurches to a start.

~

Jungkook can't help but let his body shake as the guard leads him towards the ominous room. The room itself is quite simple, but it is what it holds in the middle of it that has the boy's feet quivering. A lone rope hangs from the ceiling, quite high off the ground. 

Jungkook was never afraid of heights, in fact, he found the whole idea of being high above the ground quite exhilarating, but this? This makes him feel anything but exhilarated.

Jungkook always thought death was something he wouldn't fear. He thought of death as a companion that ushers you into your afterlife. But now, standing meekly in front of death itself, he can't help but fear it. Can't help but let the feeling of sorrow and despair overcome him. He isn't scared, he is petrified.

"Come on now, head in there and I'll tell you the instructions."

Jungkook looks at the man helplessly before nodding and reluctantly letting his feet drag him in. The room feels cold, feel like...like death. He wonders how many other souls have been taken from here. Wonders how many other souls were innocent like him.

"Okay, kid, I'm going to lower that rope, you just have to walk over to it and place your head through the loop. If you fail to participate with these orders, you will be tased."

Jungkook gulps before walking over to the rope. He closes his eyes and counts to ten.

1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10

With once last deep breath, he puts his head through the loop of the rope.

The guards lets out a heavy breath before speaking, "o-okay, kid, I'm gonna pull the rope up."

~

You barge into the prison and race towards the front desk.

"J-jeon Jungkook, w-where is he?"

The receptionist looks up from her paperwork, "hmm?"

You can't help but grit your teeth. "Jeon Jungkook, where is he?!"

"Oh... hmm, Jeon? Jeon Jungkook? Um... oh that's right, he is getting executed right now. He's in the execution room."

You clench your fist before asking, "where is that room?"