~Two~

two

The drive to New York was quiet, the hum of the engine and their breathing were the only sounds filling the void of silence in the car.

As they grew closer and closer, Kol felt more calm and relaxed than he had done since getting out of that box. He couldn't wait to see his Angel after so long. Had she forgotten him? Had she moved on and found someone to replace him? His musings were cut short when Elijah cleared his throat.

"What has you so smitten with her, brother?" A curious tone in his voice.

"I am not smitten with her. She is simply one of the few people I care most about and would do anything for." The younger of the two replied, heatedly.

The Noble Original frowned. This was not his brother. At least he didn't think so. Kol was a murderous man, who preferred to kill without reason and had no qualms with whatever someone thought. He barely cared for his own siblings. What was so special about this woman that made him care so much?

Just as Elijah was going to ask more questions, Kol interrupted him, "Her name is Gracelyn Wysteria. Though sometimes I call her Angel and others might call her Gracie. She's classy. A beautiful, highborn lady who was disowned because of her preference to sing to those who had nothing." A wistful smile settled on his face, thinking back to all those times he'd sit at the bar and watch the crowd get lost in her voice.

The older Mikaelson looked at him, more curious than ever, "She sounds like a wonderful woman."

"She is, Lijah. Stubborn, virtuous, humble. So many in her position would have become prideful, shallow and just plain horrible. Angel always treated everyone as her equal. She could never hurt anyone."

"How did she react when you changed her?"

Kol looked down at his hand and bit his lip, then took a deep breath, "She was hurt. Upset. I don't understand how she wasn't so angry. But then again, Angel was never a hateful soul. I was with her for a year when she was human. And two centuries after that. She knew all my secrets, my entire past. So she knew what would happen if she... you know."

Elijah nodded. He understood. Many of his own friends turned vampires had lost control, and much as he hated it, he had had to deal with them.

"The more I think about her now, actually, I believe you would be smitten with Angel. All your past flings hold nothing to Gracelyn." Kol said with indifference, staring out the car window at the passing trees. He did believe that Gracie would like Lijah and due to his chivalrous ways, he knew that he would treat her like the princess she was.

"Oh?" The older brother asked, an eyebrow raised.

"But she won't fall for a pretty face, Elijah. She's too smart for that. One of the many things I love my Angel for. So if you break her heart," Kol turned in his seat to stare dangerously at his brother, "I will rip you apart and scatter your body around the world so you won't be able to heal."

Elijah would never admit it, but a tendril of fear curled around and tightened on his heart. Miss Wysteria seems very important to his brother and he pitied any man who would upset her in front of his brother.