~Nine~

nine

As they pulled up at the Mikaelson Mansion, Gracie couldn't help but look at it in awe. It was beautiful. How could she not love it?

The songstress looked over her shoulder, to find Kol still asleep.

She shook her head, amused, then went to grab her door handle when it was suddenly opened for her to reveal a smirking Elijah.

Gracie smirked back and grabbed the hand he had offered her. He then pulled her hard, making them chest to chest, an inch apart.

"How cheeky of you, Mr Mikaelson."

"Forgive me, Miss Wysteria." He smiled.

"Just this once." She smiled back.

Elijah then reached over her shoulder and tapped on the top of the car, jolting Kol awake. Now dazed, the younger Mikaelson looked around before rubbing his eyes. They fell on Gracelyn and a wide smile lit up his face.

A smile that the Noble Original had not seen in a thousand years.

Quite literally.

"Angel!" The Reckless Mikaelson said in an airy voice. He sat up and held his arms out.

Elijah watched, amazed, as his brother fell into the ways of a young boy.

Gracie leant down to hug him and to drag him out of the car, but Kol grabbed her and pulled her back in, her falling atop him.

The blonde let out a shocked laugh and Kol giggled loudly.

Suddenly, Rebekah appeared beside Elijah, who was stunned, frozen solid by the image before him.

"Who is that?" The Original Sister asked, astonished.

"Gracelyn Wysteria, the songstress. The woman who is... I'm not sure how she's doing this."

Rebekah bit her lip.

"You should hear her sing, sister. I am... it's beautiful."

The blonde looked to her brother with an odd look, "Well, well, 'Lijah, not even a two days and I'd say you're smitten with her already."

The suit-wearing Original's lips curved into a smirk and shoved his hands into his pockets. Letting go of a soft chuckle, he moved to face his sister, "Perhaps."

She smiled, delighted and both turned to hear the woman scolding their brother, "Kol. Kol! Let me go! Get out of the car! Kol!!"

"But Angel!' He whined.

"Don't 'But Angel' me!"

The two siblings laughed quietly as Gracelyn's voice became stern like a mother's would, "Now let me go and get your butt out of this car!"

Elijah and Rebekah had no idea what was happening, but it was hilarious, "Kol. Kol! Don't fall asleep again! Kol!!"

The blonde Mikaelson had to hold in her laughter with a hand, while her brother's shoulders shook with it.

The songstress sighed loudly, before, "Elijah?"

"Yes, Grace, darling?" He asked, amused beyond belief.

"May I have your assistance, please? Kol is a cuddler, and I'd quite like to change out of my dress."

Rebekah tilted her head, "He is?"

:3

The youngest Mikaelson had managed to wake Kol and the oldest had detached her from his brother's arms.

He really was a cuddler.

The Reckless Mikaelson had happily grabbed his Angel's three bags and sped them up to the room right beside his own.

With her permission, Rebekah had gone through her clothes from New York. The Mikaelson sister had grinned gratefully when the songstress said 'go ahead.' Afterwards, the Original had then offered anything of hers if Gracelyn was willing to share.

She was fine with it.

Right now, the three older Mikaelsons stood at the bar while the songstress sat on one of the couches with Kol's head in her lap. She was leaning on her elbow, cheek in hand, while she stroked the youngest Mikaelson's short brown locks.

The three could see he was falling asleep for the first time since he had been daggered. To Elijah, it was the second time.

And hopefully, the now oldest Original thought, there would be no nightmares. His brother had been able to hide them so well before he was put in that coffin. Too well, if none of them had been able to notice them.

"Gracelyn?" Rebekah called, coming over to sit in front of the songstress.

"You can call me Grace, Bekah. Or Gracie. Gracelyn makes me sound old."

Kol chuckled sleepily and the blonde Original grinned at her, "You are old, Angel."

Gracie mock gasped, placing a hand over her heart, "Says you."

The Reckless Original chuckled again before he finally drifted off.

Klaus came over to sit beside his sister, a look of astoundment on his face, "Not even Esther could get him to fall asleep when we were human."

The blonde songstress hummed a slow melodious tune, before the eyes of each Original, "Because she didn't care enough."