~Eight~

I want you to all knonoww that there will be a bittersweet ending.
Betrayal. Rage. Heartbreak.
Yeah...

eight

Gracelyn wore a soft smile as stared at Kol, who had fallen asleep and was now lounging across the back seat of the car.

"He loves you very much."

The songstress gave the Original a small laugh, "I would hope so, Elijah. I'm not sure what would have happened to me if he didn't."

The Noble Mikaelson frowned at the woman, "What do you mean?"

The blonde bit her lip and looked out her side window, "I imagine I would have left this world to join my sister, had Kol not come to the funeral that day."

Gracie glanced up at the Mikaelson's alarmed face.

"You must understand, Elijah. I loved my Isabelle dearly. I left our home so my shameful acts would not corrupt her and spoil her image. But I didn't think that she would chase after me."

The Original clenched his jaw at her teary ice blue eyes, not wanting to see this woman of beauty cry.

"Her death is on my soul. I can and will never forgive myself for that."

"You did not take her life, Grace. She chose to follow you. It is not your fault." The songstress sniffled and Elijah took a hand off the wheel to hold her's.

Then she continued, "Kol and I had each other for a year until one night I was ambushed after one of my shows."

Gracie sighed and her gaze fell to her hands, "I have no idea where they came from, but it was quick and sudden. Kol tells me there were four men and that I was bloody, unconscious, close to death."

She looked back at the younger Original, a sad smile this time, "I don't remember any pain, but I do remember feeling at peace. I was ready to die."

The Mikaelson withdrew a sharp breath, "What?" He whispered, harshly.

The blonde nodded, her blue eyes blank, "I saw nothing, heard nothing, felt nothing. Felt like I was about to float away when suddenly I see Kol. Right in front of me. In tears and begging me to come back to him."

Elijah sighed silently. He, now, could never thank his brother enough, for saving the life of a songstress and for letting him meet Gracelyn Wysteria.

"what gave you the push to complete the transition, if I may ask?" The Original asked, curious.

"My sister."

A now bright and brilliant smile lit up her face as Gracelyn turned to Elijah, it took his breath away.

"Kol convinced me that my sister would want me to continue living. To keep singing just for her. I sang lullabies to Belle when she was just a child and as we grew, she still begged me toning to her. Told me that my children would adore me just for lullabies."

The Original watched her smile turn bittersweet, "Now I cannot have children. But."

Gracelyn met Elijah's eyes again, "Over the next sixty years of being with Kol and him tell me absolutely everything before I turned... we saw each other as siblings at times, then mother and son at others. Don't tell him I've told you, but I have sung to him when he had nightmares of Mikael."

She whispered his name and the Noble Mikaelson's eyes widened.

".I didn't know he had nightmares..."

"Rarely. But he would always seek my comfort. Told me I was everything Esther should have been. Sometimes everything Rebekah should have been. Once he asked me to run away with him so Klaus would never find him. But then he changed his mind and hid me away when he thought Klaus was close."

Gracelyn frowned at Elijah, "You all see him as a psychotic killer who needs to be locked away. I see a hurt little boy who just wants love from his family."