~Twenty Seven~

twenty seven

Kol had laid Gracie on the sofa, with her head in Rebekah's lap, who threaded her fingers through the songstress's long golden hair. Klaus was sitting on the floor next to them, staring at her hand that he held. The youngest Mikaelson brother had left her there to take a breath of the cold fresh air outside, before he called the woman he owed everything to and fallen in love with.

"Hello?"

"Hello, love..." The Original murmured into his cell.

Immediately knowing something was up, Harry suddenly appeared in front of him, having apparated from her home.

"Kol?" she asked, with her phone still pressed to her ear. The Mistress of Death studied his broken face and frowned, before quickly striding towards him and throwing her arms around the vampire.

Harry had thrown the cellular device to the dew covered grass and pressed his face into her neck, more concerned then ever when he began to tremble.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" the green-eyed immortal asked, pulling back, cupping his face and stroking his cheeks with her thumbs, "I can't fix it if you don't tell me."

Kol shook his head, pulled back and stared into her eyes, "You can't fix it, Hartley. She can only fix it herself..."

"I don't understand, Kol. Please explain." The ravenette fussed, worriedly.

The Mikaelson sniffled and took in a deep breath, "Elijah was the one had killed Isabelle. Whether knowingly or not, I don't know. But you and I both know that Gracie's sister meant everything to her."

Harry nodded sadly, moving her hands to rest on his chest.

"Gracie then asked me to kill her..."

The woman gasped and tears began to prickle her eyes, desperately hoping that he hadn't.

"I couldn't and then my brother offered another decision. She could be put to sleep, like how the daggers work on us."

The ravenette nodded and pressed her face into Kol's neck again, "Thank you."

He let out a single depressed laugh, "If I'm being honest Harry, I didn't do it for you."

"No?"

The Mikaelson shook his head and looked up at the stars, "I did it for me. I was too selfish to let her go. I mean, she's the reason for a lot of good things that have happened to me."

Kol then smiled down at her sadly and stroked her hair, "You being one of them. I love you so much and I need you just as much as Gracie. I promise I'll love you... forever and always."

Pressing his forehead to hers, looking deep into her eyes, "So marry me," in his hands was a delicate golden ring, with an embedded ruby surrounded by smaller diamonds.

Harry let out a small, sad laugh, "I love you too. For as long as you'll have me," Harry smiled back and nodded, letting the Mikaelson gently slide the engagement ring on her third left finger.

She sighed happily, and kissed away a tear of his away, "So what happens now, my love?"

The youngest Original brother sucked in a shaky breath, "I have an idea."

:3

"I didn't know Gracelyn was royalty." Rebekah had said after she'd emptied her stomach. Beside her, Klaus was holding himself upright on a large headstone, "Highborn yes, but not...royalty."

When he was finally able to stand, assured that he too wouldn't throw up, the hybrid patted the engraved piece of stone in thanks for keeping him standing before trailing after his sister, brother and future sister in law, judging by the impressive ruby on her left third finger.

Kol carried Gracelyn with the utmost care as Harry explained that the songstress was indeed royalty, having been a niece to a king in the 1200s. They as well asked questions about what the hell apparation was and how the hell it happened.

"And where the bloody hell are we?" Klaus added.

"Leeuwarden. And we're in the cemetery, heading to her family crypt." The youngest Mikaelson brother mumbled, "I helped her take Isabelle from the small village church to here. That's how I know."

Harry nodded solemnly, "And I know because I travelled with her for forty years."

The four of them then arrived at the largest crypt on sight and Klaus easily pushed the door open. They entered and passed many stone cases that held Gracelyn and Hartley's dead relatives.

Kol stopped, making them all stop as well. He stared at the last two stone coffins. One was empty, while the other had a name and two dates.

Isabelle Peverell - Wysteria
4th of December 1218 - 9th June of 1241

Harry stared down at the stone coffin. Isabelle was the one who started her bloodline. Her great, great, great, something, something mother. The ravenette then waved the Elder wand and the three Mikaelsons watched astonished as the case changed from dirty grey granite to a polished white marble.

The lid of the beautiful coffin turned into glass and with the powers that came with being the Mistress of Death, Harry then changed the horrid, rotting corpse into the young beauty Isabelle had once been so long ago.

Gracie had been right.

The Immortal witch really did look like her.

Harry's attention then turned to the last stone box next to Isabelle, the only one being empty. Immediately with a flick of her wand, the coffin changed to an exact replica of her younger sister's.

Without saying a word, Klaus took the glass covering off the marble coffin, letting Kol put his best friend on the cushioned bed.

As the Hybrid covered the case again, Rebekah then asked, "When will she wake?"

The youngest Mikaelson brother muttered a few words and a bouquet of pink roses appeared at the end of Gracelyn's coffin and daffodils at Isabelle's, the Reckless Original then looked to Harry.

The witch had pursed her lips and met his chocolate coloured eyes before she murmured, "When Gracelyn is ready to wake."