~Seventeen~

seventeen

Gracelyn was wandering the Mikaelson Mansion, perusing the past few weeks.

Harry and Kol had met and clicked straight away, just like she had hoped. And the Mistress had talked Death into giving the youngest Mikaelson brother a strong magical core the colour of silver, matching Hartley's gold. Now the songstress swore she could hear the wedding bells ringing.

Her niece needed somebody to ground her and the Reckless Original needed someone to love. Not like the way the blonde loved him, no, a romantic partner. A lover.

The bitter aroma of paint met Gracie's nose, making her scrunch it up with distaste. She followed it anyway, knowing the only person home would be Klaus.

Elijah was planning something, she could feel it and Rebekah was off somewhere, looking for a lover herself perhaps. Harry and Kol had gone to London for the week so he could learn about her type of magic and pick up a few tricks from a pair of twins who she knew.

So that left her and the hybrid all on their lonesome.

Gracelyn found him in his art room, hovering over a blank canvas with a frustrated look on his face. He had a full palette in one hand and a ready brush in the other, ready to take that first stroke, but nothing was coming to mind.

The blonde knocked lightly on the already open door and the Hybrid faced her with a defeated sigh.

"Stuck?"

She was ferociously amused when he pouted with a small nod.

"Would you like me to teach you another style of art?"

Curious, Klaus tilted his head with a raised eyebrow, "I know all styles of art, love. What else could there be?"

Gracelyn smirked as if she was hiding something, then reached out her hand as a mother does for her child to take, "Come. I'll show you."

:3

Klaus had actually taken her hand, to Gracie's surprise, and his, and she had pulled him all the way across the mansion to a room that held a grand piano.

The hybrid frowned. How did this even get here? He didn't remember putting it there or getting the thing, to be honest. He sighed and looked at the songstress, "A piano?"

"Yes, Klaus. Music is a type of art. Haven't you ever had the thought to learn an instrument?" Gracelyn asked, almost horrified.

The hybrid looked a little embarrassed and let out a weak chuckle, scratching the back of his neck, "Believe it or not, Gracie, but our brother Finn was more the musician than any of us. And I'm sure he would have loved your company."

The Mikaelson's eyes glazed over a little and the blonde wore a soft, sympathetic look. She then clapped her hands and brought to her chest with a now delighted expression, "Well then. You shall learn this new form of art for your brother then, hmm?"

Klaus was now amused, but then he narrowed his gaze with a challenging glint in his eyes when her grin turned sly, "Unless you're scared of course."

:3

"Watch as I play this simple tune. You need to be focused. Now copy these few notes in that exact pattern."

The Original concentrated on Gracie's fingers as they flew across the keys. He did watch, studying the swift movements and listening intently to the tunes being played.

The songstress shuffled over, letting the hybrid move as well, taking Gracelyn's spot on the seat, him now being centred among the keys of the grand piano. Klaus felt almost childlike, a sudden feeling to make this woman, who he barely knew, proud because she had taught him something that she held close to her heart.

She must've recognized the look, as it was one she'd seen many times on Kol's face. Gracie smiled, a glimmer of amusement in her eyes, "Calm down, Nik. You have nothing to prove. This is your first time playing the piano. I don't expect you to be perfect. Everyone has flaws, darling."

The blonde stroked his hair, and the hybrid seemed to fall apart under her fingers, all the stress and weight on his shoulders, floating away into nothing.