~Twenty Three~

twenty-three

Lord of the Most Ancient and Most Honorable House of Black.

Pureblood wizard and one fourth of the Marauders.

Trouble maker and mischief causer, best friend of Lord James Potter.

Godfather to Hartley Potter.

He watched the woman who'd only known for two years before his untimely death, tremor silently from the violent sobs that had racked her body.

The blonde beside her, he didn't know, but she was quite the looker.

Seeing the slightest smile on Harry's face, Sirius smirked, the glint of mischief in his silvery grey eyes sparking alight. The painter was just that good.

"Sirius..."

"Hey, gorgeous." The man greeted, his smirk turning sad.

Gracelyn prepared herself to leave but Hartley latched on to her, begging her not to go, "What do you mean, you know?"

He shrugged slightly and reached up to scratch the nape of his neck, "Your mum. James didn't know that me and Lily were friends. Whenever he wasn't around me and Red did actually get along pretty well."

The young, immortal witch rose an eyebrow and Sirius nodded.

"Then one day, Lils came to me in a panic," the wizard stared off into the distance, his eyes becoming glazed as he got lost in his memories, "She was scared cause she'd fallen in love your dad."

The blonde tilted her head, "Why was Lily so afraid?"

She knew everything about Harry and her history, especially what little the ravenette knew of her parents.

"Red was scared cause she thought James was only joking. Through the whole seven years of Hogwarts, he was all talk and didn't really have any feelings for her."

Hartley bit her lip, staring intently at her godfather, "What did you say?"

"I called her an idiot, she slapped me and then the next day, the two were on a date to Hogsmeade."

The witch began to giggle hysterically and Sirius smiled faintly at her, the look of longing and warmth on his face. Oh, how the man wanted to hold his goddaughter. To comfort her. To let her feel how much he loved her. To give her all the fatherly love he could give and should have given.

'James. Lily. You missed out on so much. Your daughter is beautiful,' He thought.

Hartley untangled herself from the songstress's arms and slid off the bed, to put her hand on Sirius's painting, "Thank you, Padfoot. Thank so much."

She then rushed to the bathroom to wash her face and change.

Gracie stood and walked to the painted picture, "Did that really happen?"

"Kinda. I mean Lils actually beat the crap outta me. I had a black eye, fractured jaw, a lost tooth, broken leg and I could not...perform...for a few weeks." Sirius grinned, counting his injuries on his hand.

The blonde bit her lip to hold in her laugh, "I would have loved to meet Lily."

"Yeah, she was great. I could see why James wanted her. But," the man then waggled his eyebrows, "I've always been a sucker for blondes."

The songstress laughed, pressing a hand to her chest, "You flatter me."

Sirius shrugged and smirked, "If only I wasn't dead, sweetheart."

:3

Hartley sighed as she stared at her reflection, her eyes were puffy and her hair had returned to its wild and windswept look, freed from its styled state for Gracie's performance.

She waved her hand and her face cleared up, losing its puffiness and tear stains. Another wave of her hand and the silver dress vanished as well, becoming a pair of bust high, skinny jeans and a rose pink shirt with sleeves that finished at her elbows.

Harry struggled to pull her hair into a high ponytail when she heard her aunt laugh. The sound made her smile, it physically making her lighter.

George would want her to be happy, wouldn't he? After the war, the redhead had done everything just to make her smile again. He never gave up on her.

The memories that prankster had given her, meant everything and she would love him forever, always having a place in her heart.

Perhaps it was time to move on.

:3

Kol stared at the floor, his tie loose and his hair messy from him running his hands through it over and over. The Original really didn't know what upset him the most.

The fact that his Angel might hate him now or the fact that the beautiful woman he'd fallen in love with didn't love him back.

His gaze snapped up when there was a loud sound of a crack in the corner.

There stood his Angel, who was looking at him sadly and apologetically. She held her arms out with a small smile and he vamp sped into them, relishing in the motherly warmth, basking in her tightening embrace.

"I'm sorry, dear heart," Gracie whispered into his ear, "I'm so so sorry."

The Reckless Mikaelson shook his head, pressing his face into her shoulder to stem the pooling tears in his eyes, "Please don't leave me again. Please." He begged.

The blonde nodded, rocking him slightly and threading her fingers through his hair to stop his body from trembling.

Gracelyn turned her head to see Klaus leaning on a doorframe, watching them before biting into an apple with a smirk, "Welcome back, love."

"Don't talk with your mouth full."