~Twelve~

twelve

Breakfast was full of laughs and embarrassing stories. The mere presence of their newly arrived songstress had changed them all so quickly it scrambled their minds.

Gracie's personality was so carefree and uplifting, the Mikaelsons couldn't help but follow her down that path.

'In fact,' Elijah thought as the blonde Dutch practically kicked the Original brothers out of their home, 'today was probably the most human we've all felt in centuries.'

:3

Gracelyn had somehow convinced Rebekah to sit in her room in front of the Original's mirror to brush the knots from her sleep-tangled hair.

The boys had been forced out of the house regardless of their reluctance. Kol had practically pouted until the songstress had reminded him that he would have her for the entire day tomorrow.

Elijah had been curious to what the two blondes had planned for the day, though he did leave without complaint, a simple yet amused smirk on his face.

Klaus had huffed and puffed like the big bad wolf he was, but Gracie could see right through him, the Hybrid knowing he couldn't say no to her. The second oldest Original somehow knew that the songstress would talk circles around him to get her way.

So here the two were, Gracelyn humming softly to herself while Rebekah continued to ramble on about all the lovers she had have, arranging from the best to the worst and how long she had them before her brother found out and slaughtered them.

Apparently, she had even had a woman or two at some point.

Suddenly, the older blonde paused to listen to the light tune that the younger was humming.

"Why do you sing, Gracie?" She asked quietly.

The songstress bit her lip, a little unsure on how to answer that question.

"Well... when I was human and people could only barely afford the food to feed themselves and their families, they were so upset, almost losing the will to live, so I thought maybe with a song in their heart and a tune in their step, perhaps their lives would be less hard on them."

Rebekah stared at the selfless blonde through her mirror with her mouth agape. Sudden admiration and idolatry sparkled in her eyes when Gracie had humbly finished her short speech.

"You are something else, you know that, Gracie. I can see why Kol calls you Angel."

The younger vampire blushed lightly, a bit embarrassed by the Original's heartfelt words.

"Now tell me, what was the song you were humming, can you maybe sing it to me?"

The songstress smiled brightly, "I would be happy to Bekah."

A mischievous smirk then replaced her smile, "But first you have to hold your breath, make a wish, count to three,"

"~Come with me and you'll be
In a world of pure imagination
Take a look and you'll see into your imagination.~"

Gracie lightly tugged on one of the newly curled golden locks of Rebekah's,

"~We'll begin with a spin
Traveling in the world of my creation
What we'll see will defy explanation.~"

The Original Sister listened in fascination as her song filled her soul with warmth,

"~If you were to view paradise
Simply look around and view it
Anything you want to, do it
Want to change the world?
There's nothing to it.~"

The younger blonde began to stare off into the distance, lost in her song,

"~There is no life I know
To compare with pure imagination
Living there, you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.

~If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view it
Anything you want to, do it
Want to change the world?
There's nothing to it.~"

Her icy blue eyes then met Rebekah's deep blue ones,

"~There is no life I know
To compare with pure imagination
Living there, you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.~"

The Original's eyes were wide, star-struck, when she whispered, "Wow."

Gracie smiled humbly, "Thank you."

Her face suddenly became dead serious and her face one of complete determination, "Now come! I will show you the movie where I fell in love with that song. We shall watch the first and not the remake!!"

Rebekah frowned confused, "Watch what?"

The songstress then became smug, "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, dear Bekah."