~Twenty Five~

twenty five

The Mikaelson Sister's jaw dropped and the Hybrid Mikaelson's eyes widened in disbelief.

Kol kept his glare, one that bordered on hatred, on his brother as Gracelyn began to tremble .

Her breath quickened, and she started to whimper. The Reckless Mikaelson held her close as her legs gave out and a heartbroken sob escaped her mouth. The blonde ripped her hand from Elijah's grasp and spun around to hide her face between Kol's neck and shoulder, her body shuddering violently with her heavy cries.

After what seemed like centuries, they became muffled sniffles and Elijah turned his face to look at the wall, feeling the overwhelming guilt flood his very soul.

The youngest Mikaelson brother stroked his Angel's blonde locks, shushing her, rocking her back and forth, not caring about the wet patch that was beginning to form on his collar, while he glared deep into his brother's eyes.

Rebekah then darted forward and stood beside the two, holding them both tightly. She could feel tears of her own beginning to fall.

:3

When Gracie's sobs had quietened, she was able to turn her head, so her ear was resting on the steady thump of Kol's heart.

Her ice blue eyes could see Rebekah's close-eyed face, who wore tear stains on her cheeks. She had her arms firmly wrapped around the songstress as well. Behind the Mikaelson Sister was the Mikaelson hybrid, wearing a truly sympathetic face aimed her way, but a small comforting smile as well.

Gracelyn then noticed that Elijah had vanished from their sights. She could understand why. He didn't want to see the unintentional pain he had caused her.

The blonde felt two kinds of pain.

The first, was that the only man Gracie had ever fallen in love with, had killed her baby sister.

The second was he had left her there with nothing. Not even an apology.

"Kol..." She whispered with a shaky voice. The songstress looked up into his chocolate eyes.

Her heart clenched to see such familiar eyes.

"Yes, Angel?" He murmured back.

Rebekah pulled back a little but stayed close to the two and Klaus walked over to sit on the nearest lounge.

"I've never asked you for anything, have I?" Gracie continued, her lips quivering slightly.

"Never." He confirmed immediately, letting out a breath that gently blew through her hair. His older and younger siblings watched closely, ready to give any comfort to the blonde songstress who had brought their family back together again.

"I got you your magic back..."

"You did." Kol swallowed.

"You met Harry..."

He nodded hesitantly, wondering where she going with this.

"So can I ask you for something? This one thing?"

Kol nodded again, tears beginning to well in the corners his eyes, starting to fear what she was going to ask, because he had seen that look before only once, "Anything."

Gracelyn gave him a bittersweet smile, "I can feel my heart breaking, Kol... I can feel it... Just like when my sister... When she was killed but worse. So please. Make it go away. Take the pain away. I don't want it anymore. Please..." She begged, her voice faltering at every word.

It took the youngest Mikaelson brother a moment to get what she meant, until his eyes blew wide and squeezed her tightly, "No. No no no. You don't mean that. You don't mean that, Angel. You can't and I won't do it. And I won't let you go. I need you too much. Please don't let my brother do this to you. You're stronger than this. You promised not to leave me." His voice broke and became thick with tears, shaking his head profusely.

Rebekah gaped at Klaus as Kol practically collapsed on the inside, his closest friend begging, pleading, for her death. She'd come to love her as well. The blonde Mikaelson had always wanted a sister. And Gracie had become just that. A mother and a sister. And now, her older brother had just ripped her heart out, stomping on it.

The songstress let out another sob and slowly shook her head, dejectedly.

"Kol."

Said Mikaelson looked over at his brother. Klaus waved his hand to him, for Kol to follow. The Reckless Original frowned, then looked to Rebekah, who carefully took the Dutch blonde from his arms.

"I'll be back Angel, I promise." He kissed her forehead and trudged after his brother.

Gracelyn looked up into the Original Sister's sad eyes, as she rocked her. They smiled sadly at each other.

Rebekah then pulled her into a right hug and whispered into her ear, "Thank you."

"For what?" the younger blonde murmured back, "I've done nothing."

The Mikaelson shook her head in the Wysteria's neck, "Gosh, you're so humble... You've done everything, Gracie. For me and my family. We're like we once were when we were human. I can never thank you enough."