~Six~

six

"Tomorrow is the day isn't it?" Kol looked at Grace with the saddest look.

Not for him, but for her. It was the kind of relationship they had. One second she was comforting him, the next he was comforting her.

The blonde bit her lip, tears beginning to well in her blue eyes and nodded. She turned to Elijah wore a worried look, "A week after I met Kol, my sister died."

Gracelyn swallowed the burn in her throat, the burn that threatened tears, "My baby sister had left our home to trail after me."

The older Mikaelson couldn't describe the heavy feeling in his stomach. His heart went out to the songstress. No one should ever have to feel such pain. Both originals knew the pain of losing their older brother, even if he had betrayed them in the end, but to lose Rebekah would destroy them all.

"Yes and at the funeral, my Angel gained her name," Kol said, proudly. It was such a depressing moment, but he needed to make her feel better. An angel should never be sad or cry.

Elijah frowned, not understanding. He was just lost.

The songstress smiled sadly, before looking into his deep chocolate eyes again, and he felt, into his soul, "I sang at her funeral. And a few years ago, I gave the words to a pair of girls."

Her face brightened, despite her tears, "It was a hit."

Her smile widened even more and if Elijah thought she couldn't become more beautiful, he was wrong. Gracelyn's ice coloured eyes glittered with unshed tears. Even when they glazed over, as she fell into a memory.

Kol to a sip of his drink, "She does that a lot."

:3

The Original stood at the door of the church as she cried over her sister's coffin. Grace wouldn't let them put the box in until she was ready. And she damn well wasn't.

The official looked like he was about to demand her to leave when Kol grabbed him and compelled him and the others to leave.

The blonde looked up at him with tear stained cheeks, slightly afraid of this man who had been to all her performances for the past couple days.

He was handsome and he gave her a small sympathetic smile, "You sing, yes?" He asked softly.

Gracie nodded slowly, still cautious.

"What makes you feel better, love?" His accented voice was soothing, very unlike his usual self.

The songstress swallowed nervously and in a broken voice, "Singing."

"Then sing to her, darling."

She only just caught his whisper when she looked down on the coffin she had collapsed on. Gracie bit her lip and stood with a heavy sigh.

Kol watched her take a deep breath, just like she had done every other time he'd watched her sing,

~Tell me, what does it look like in heaven?
Is it peaceful? Is it free like they say?~

The Original felt tears begin to burn the back of his eyes at the pure pain and longing in her voice,

~Does the sun shine bright forever?
Have your fears and your pain gone away?~

Gracelyn paused for a second and wrung her wrists, looking up to the roof,

~'Cause here on earth it feels like everything good is missing since you left
And here on earth everything's different, there's an emptiness~

Whatever there was about this woman that Kol couldn't understand, was that she could make him feel how she was feeling though a song and he didn't want to hurt her for that.

No, the Original wanted to curl up by her side and tell her all his own dreams, fears, everything,

~Oh-oh, I,
I hope you're dancing in the sky
And I hope you're singing in the angels' choir
And I hope the angels know what they have
I'll bet it's so nice up in heaven since you've arrived~

Or he could hold her and never let anything hurt her ever again. That connection between the two, Kol could already feel. She was his Angel,

~So tell me, what do you do up in heaven?
Are your days filled with love and light?~

Gracie's voice began to crack and quickly, the Mikaelson sped forward to hold her tight. As tight as a vampire could hold a human,

-Is there music? Is there art and invention?
Tell me are you happy? Are you more alive?~

The blonde refused to finish her song until she was done,

~'Cause here on earth it feels like everything, good is missing since you left
And here on earth everything's different, there's an emptiness~

She gripped his jacket tightly, her tears falling faster. Kol started to stroke her golden locks,

~Oh-oh, I
I hope you're dancing in the sky
And I hope you're singing in the angels' choir
And I hope the angels know what they have
I'll bet it's so nice up in heaven since you've arrived
Since you've arrived~

Gracelyn felt herself calm down only the slightest bit hearing the man's, one she'd met only twice, heartbeat. He caught onto the tune and started to hum it as she continued to sing,

~I hope you're dancing in the sky
And I hope you're singing in the angels' choir
And I hope the angels know what they have
I'll bet it's so nice up in heaven since you've arrived
Since you've arrived~

Kol kissed her forehead and wiped away the tears,

~Tell me what does it look like in heaven,
Is it peaceful? Is it free like they say?~

He rested his head on the top of hers, "Come on, Angel. I'll take you home."