~Eighteen~

eighteen

It had been a month now and Elijah had indeed been up to something.

Tonight, he had organized for a small orchestra to come to the mansion for several hours and he had asked both of his brothers to make themselves scarce.

Kol had readily agreed, both to spend time with his new lover and because he was secretly hoping that his brother and Gracie would become a couple. He could see that this was Elijah's attempt to sway his Angel. The Reckless Original already knew it was pointless.

She was already in love with him.

When the Noble Original had met Harry, he thought he recognized her for a split second, until Kol had introduced her as Grace's distant niece. Then the Witch had mentioned her aunt's love of a certain song after he'd asked his brother.

Klaus had rolled his eyes and snickered. He too, wanted Gracelyn to bare the Mikaelson name. She was practically family already.

Rebekah was already out of town, so he didn't need to ask her to leave for the night. But he was completely certain that his sister would approve. Probably would have squealed with delight.

:3

As Elijah entered his home, he paused when the soft tune of a piano filled the mansion. It was almost perfect, sounding like whoever was playing had been for years.

The tune was slow, the song mysterious as he couldn't recognize it. But then the piano music was met with his Grace's voice,

"~I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.~"

Immediately, a smile lit up the Noble Original's face, just falling in love with the blonde songstress all over again,

"~I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.~"

Elijah almost had a skip in his step as he followed the magical tune of Grace's voice partnered with the now flawless piano notes and he was both shocked and amazed,

"~The colours of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do
They're really saying I love you.~"

Gracelyn sat next to his brother as he played the piano with perfection. It was as if Niklaus had known the instrument all his life,

"~I hear babies crying, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll never know
And I think to myself what a wonderful world
Yes I think to myself what a wonderful world.~"

Her gorgeous smile made his heart stutter.

:3

Klaus smiled up at her when Gracie stroked his rough cheek with the back of her fingers, like a mother would a child, "That was beautiful, darling. Pure excellence."

"I had a brilliant teacher, love." The hybrid's smile widened and swept the woman into a hug. The sound of someone clearing their throat made them both turn to see the oldest Original wearing an amused smirk on his handsome face.

Gracie felt a blush bloom on her cheeks and Elijah eyed it hungrily. The blonde almost swooned under his heavy gaze. She had to bite her lip.

"And what do we have here?" The Noble Original asked with an eyebrow raised.

Klaus grinned, a gleeful curve of his lips that the oldest brother hadn't seen in centuries, "I am learning a new art, dear Elijah."

The hybrid moved around so that he had Gracelyn in a one-armed side hug. The younger Original then realized why his brother was staring at him.

It was time for him to leave.

"Alright then. I'm a wee bit peckish." Klaus rubbed his hands and shoved them in his denim jeans pockets, "I'll see you both later."

Gracelyn smiled and the blond Mikaelson sped off.

The brown haired Mikaelson watched her for a moment, making her blush again. He then held out his hand, "Grace, I've made plans for tonight. Would you do me the honour of joining me?"

The songstress frowned and Elijah suddenly felt nervous, until she smiled, "I'd love to."

A mischievous glimmer appeared in his eyes, "Could you perhaps wear a dress?"