~Nineteen~

nineteen

Elijah waited at the bottom of the staircase after letting a jazz band set themselves up in the ballroom. He was more than amused to find this sing one of Grace's favourite sings. It was childish, yet after Kol convince him to watch the movie the song was on, the Mikaelson could definitely see one of the characters like her.

The sound of heeled footsteps made him look up... and his breath left him.

There the blonde songstress stood with her hand on the bannister, wearing a silky, white dress. It had a sweetheart neckline with lace shoulders and it flared slightly in her hips.

If Elijah's heart wasn't already dead and not beating, it would have stopped right there.

Not only did Grace look like an angel with that golden halo caused by the light behind her, but the songstress also looked like... she was about to get married.

And with that wide, red-lipped smile and glittering ice blue eyes aimed right at him, the Original had to take in a shaky breath while imaging a bouquet of pink roses and veil.

He wouldn't ever admit it, but tears did well in his eyes.

"Good evening, Mr Mikaelson."

"Good evening, Mrs Mik - Miss Wysteria."

The blonde smiled up at him as she came to a stop before Elijah, who wore a smirk.

"You have a devilish look on your face, darling. What have you planned?"

The Mikaelson grinned, "I've no idea what you mean."

He then held out his hand, which she then took, and he kissed her knuckles, staring into her ice blue eyes. Elijah moved his arm so Grace could thread her arm through it.

"As much as I love surprises, Mr Mikaelson, I very much dislike the suspense. So please tell-"

The blonde's eyes widened when a specific tune began to play in the ballroom, making a delighted smile bloom on her face.

The Original watched her closely, loving the single dimple on her left cheek. He then started to lead her towards the ballroom, the music getting louder and louder.

"How did you know?" Grace's murmured.

"I met Kol's, lovely lady. And I asked for a little tip."

The blonde rose an eyebrow, "Yes?"

"Well..." Elijah swung open the massive door and the jazz band singer said those first words,

"Well, little lady, let me elucidate here,"

Grace turned to face Elijah with a shocked expression, "You didn't..."

"~Everybody wants to be a cat
Because a cat's the only cat
Who knows where it's at.~"

Another singer then sang,

"~Tell me!
Everybody's pickin' up on that feline beat
'Cause everything else is obsolete.~"

Elijah and Grace started to sway only slightly, one amused by his dance partner's childlike smile.