~Seven~

seven

Elijah reached over and wiped the lone tear that had fallen down her cheek, making her jump slightly. He sent an apologetic look and got a small bittersweet smile in return.

Kol watched the two behind his glass with a secretive and pleased smile, "C'mon Angel, lets go." He stood up and held out his hand to his best friend.

Gracelyn smiled softly and took his hand, before being pulled into a right hug. They turn to walk out to the door when the blonde songstress suddenly spun around. She met the sad eyes of her good friend, Alexei, who opened his arms wide.

She grinned at him, jumped the bar and lunged forward to be wrapped up in his solid arms, "I will miss you very very much, my Krijger. I have enjoyed your company. And your bar."

The massive Russian cuddled her to his chest, like a giant teddy bear, "I will never be able to thank you enough, for everything you've done for me, Miss Wysteria. Your friend here is correct. You really are an angel."

The blonde woman face flushed a bright red, with a shy smile and pushed him gently at his impish grin, "I hope to see you again, котенок, before my time in this world comes to an end."

Gracie's hand settled on his weathered cheek and she ran a thumb over his cheekbone, just as she had done with Kol, a now sad look on her face, "I hope so too."

And with that, they were gone.

:3

Elijah sat in the driver's seat, with the songstress sitting beside him. Kol had propped himself up behind her from the back seat so his arms were wrapped around her shoulders. It was an embrace that comforted him greatly, especially with her holding his forearms.

The older Mikaelson was trying to keep his attention on the road, but her hypnotic humming was absolutely tantalising. He tilted his head to the side, before looking over to her beautifully, serene face, "What is that tune, may I ask Gracelyn?"

The songstress smiled widely at him and opened her mouth to reply when Kol cut in, "'Dancing in the Sky.' The one she sang to her sister."

Gracie frowned out the window, "Kol, that was rude."

"I'm sorry, Angel." The younger of the Originals said almost immediately, squeezing her a little tighter and burying his head into her neck with a content sigh. She was a mother of figure that he had always wanted and needed.

Elijah was stunned at how quickly his brother apologised. Kol was usually the one to scoff at anyone who demanded such a request and then rip their heads off with a gleeful smile.

This woman really had changed the Reckless Original. Although he could guess that should Gracelyn not be near him, he'd go back to his old self.

When Elijah had undaggered him, Kol still seemed quite insane. But after his quick brush with death, the younger Mikaelson brother needed the company of a good friend, a best friend and suddenly, it was like he was human again.

The older Original honestly couldn't wait for the rest of his family to meet the woman. And he wanted, more than anything, to get to know her.

In perhaps, hopefully, more ways than one.