~Twenty Nine~

twenty nine

...~Many Years Later~...

"I know what you're doing, Elijah."

The suit-wearing Original spun around, shocked to have been snuck up on by his brother's wife. She wore a blank expression, giving away nothing, her green eyes boring into his own.

The witch's face was now one that haunted his dreams. The crippling memory of a mistake made long ago.

The Noble Mikaelson had found out that the reason his brother had been nervous all those years before was because he was working up the courage to ask for his Grace's blessing. To marry her niece.

The Original swallowed and let out a deep breath. He had been sifting through the papers in Kol's desk in hopes to find... her.

"Where is she?" a desperate tone lingered in his voice.

"Why do you want to know?"

"I cannot live without her any longer. She is my happiness. My light, my stars, my sunshine. I need her more than air. Please tell me where she is, Hartley. Grace is my everything." he pleaded, very unlike his calm and serene self.

The ravenette narrowed her eyes at him. She tilted her head, "You're the only one who has ever called her Grace. I'm not sure why. She's told everyone they can call her that, but no one ever did. It's only you."

Elijah clenched his jaw, close to growling at the ravenette with impatience.

"She is where her sister lies and where she would have been so long ago had she not have met my husband."

Harry started to walked when she stopped for a second and turned her head, "I hope she sings for you, Elijah. I really do."

'Perfect. A riddle.' The Oldest Original held back his sigh and sat on the lounge to ponder over it.

Her sister Isabelle was dead, so the only place she could lie would be in a grave. Had the songstress been human she would have been there beside her. Where would they be then? He knew the sisters were Dutch, so somewhere in the Netherlands.

That very first morning when Elijah had caught her in the kitchen, Grace's voice had thickened with her rich accent, and there were only several places in the Netherlands with that particular lilt, so that left only a few places where the sisters could be.

This time the Mikaelson did sigh. That meant he would have to search plenty of cemeteries to find the only woman he had ever truly loved with all his heart.

'It would not matter if I had to search the entirety of the world. As long as I have Grace in my arms.'

:3

Elijah rubbed his stubbled face with both hands as he stood at the gates of the fourteenth cemetery he was about to check. Instead of speeding through the grounds as he had done for the others, the Original strolled through the graves, studying each one carefully. This one would be the last one tonight before he starts again tomorrow.

About three hours into his walk, he paused to see a large crypt that gleamed with its polished marble having been cleaned just recently. But what made him pause wasn't the tomb itself, it was the brass plate on the door.

Wysteria.