~Epilogue~

epilogue

The Original let out a small breath and slowly walked to the door of the crypt before gently pushing it open.

He slowly trailed down the hall, which seemed to be longer than he thought, to his surprise. Elijah glanced at the headstones before realization hit him. Gracelyn was royalty. All these names were past kings and queens.

The humble and sweet songstress he knew and loved was a princess and she'd left it all behind because she wanted to sing to the poor.

Elijah continued on, until he reached the very end of the corridor to find two shining marble cases with glass tops. The Original almost cried to finally see Grace's face after so long. The coffin beside her, held Isabelle. He put his hand over his mouth and noticed a carved wooden chair between the two.

The Mikaelson sat on it and thought of the words Niklaus had told him, 'Kol told us that Gracie will only wake up once she's forgiven you.'

His brother hadn't touched a canvas, a brush or any paints for so long, not since the songstress had been placed under Kol's spell, instead playing only the piano that he'd been taught on. The one Grace had shown him.

It was like the hybrid was waiting for Gracelyn to awaken, so he could show her how great he had become, learning all the most difficult pieces. Just for her.

The chocolate eyed Original then spotted another brass plate below Grace's name.

'Should I sing for you,
You are welcomed.
Should I stay silent,
You are unwanted.'

Elijah's mind again, went back to what Hartley had said, 'I hope she sings for you, Elijah. I really do.'

He nodded with a dejected laugh and leaned his elbows on his knees, clasping his hands together, "I'm not wanted. I understand Grace. I really do. I cannot take back what happened so long ago."

The suited vampire clenched his jaw, "But I know where you are now, my love. And I will visit you everyday until I can finally look into your eyes, kiss you, hold you tight in my arms."

He huffed another humourless laugh, "I sound so dreadfully poetic, don't I?"

The Original placed his hand on the glass lid of Gracie's coffin, "I won't be able to beg hard enough for your forgiveness, sweetheart. But please know I love you so much it's hurts. These past years without you have been torture Grace."

Elijah stood up and took a shaky breath, then straightened his jacket. But just as he was about to leave,

"~I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream
I know you, that look in your eyes is so familiar a gleam
And I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem.~"

A soft laugh escaped his mouth as the Mikaelson fell to his knees beside her. The unshed tears of sixty two years, finally escaping from his eyes as her voice filled the silent crypt.

"~But if I know you, I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream.~"

Gracelyn's bell like voice hummed and Elijah just stared transfixed on her perfect, but frozen face.

"~But if I know you, I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream.~"

The Original's eyes remained focused on his Grace, the songstress who had changed the lives of his family... And his.

"~I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream
I know you, that gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam
And I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem.~"

Did her finger just twitch??

"~But if I know you, I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream.~"

"Grace?"