~Sixteen~

sixteen

It started as ice shards. The crippling cold sensation dancing across his skin, digging its frozen claws in. Painful, not unbearable. But then came the fire.

The feeling came like a raging inferno, burning him alive. Intense, out of control flames that singed his very bones.

Gracie was right. Incomparable.

Kol was in so much pain that he could barely breathe. He was almost shocked to find that he actually wished for death. Him! The Mikaelson was renowned for being reckless and he was maybe just as murderous as his hybrid brother.

But this? Oh God, give him a white oak stake.

The only this he could feel physically was a pair of cool hands pressed to his cheeks. Unlike the prickling ice shards, the coolness of the small, soft and delicate hands, soothed him more than possible.

Suddenly, the Original felt a slight pressure on his forehead. It took a second to realise it was a pair of lips and they moved only slightly. And that was when he heard a faint voice, whispering things that Kol could never hope to decipher.

Then he felt like someone had taken hold of his heart. A chilling, boney hand that squeezing tightly. Painfully.

:3

After what seemed like centuries, when actually it had only been an hour, Gracelyn was not sulking. She was just upset.

The blonde was sitting in the hall on the dark carpet, a few metres away from Hartley's room, listening to her niece's incoherent words and the pained groans of her best friend.

This was her fault. Kol wouldn't be in such pain if it had not been for her. But Gracie also knew that should she hadn't have told the Mikaelson, he would have been more hurt than anything.

The songstress was snapped out of her musings and she glanced at Harry's door when Kol's groans became screams.

A sob left her throat and the woman drew her knees up, hugging them to her chest. Tears began to fall from her ice blue eyes, but Gracie quickly wiped them away.

"Why are you crying, girl?"

She looked up at the painting right across from her, hanging on the wall.

It was of a greasy, black-haired man with a large nose. His eyes were dark and he had a distasteful look on his face. He wore black robes and behind him was a table covered with potions.

"And you must be Severus." Gracelyn hiccuped with a small smile.

The once Potions Master, once Hogwarts Headmaster, narrowed his black-eyed gaze with suspicion.

"My niece speaks highly of you, Professor Snape. Although she did say you were 'a right prat' that gave her quite some trouble."

Severus snorted and raised an eyebrow, "Potter gave as good as she got. A delinquent, just like her father."

Gracie's smile widened, "I don't doubt that for a second."

The Professor nodded, "Tell me how one of my, as much as I hate to admit it, best students is your niece. I thought she no living family besides Lily's imbecile sister, who I also believe is dead now."

The songstress gave an amused huff, "I was born in the 1200s."

A hum of interest left his throat, "You didn't answer my question."

She sighed, "My greatest friend is in pain, and I am the cause."

Gracelyn's lip quivered, a few more tears escaping.

"How is it your fault, girl?"

"Would you stop calling me 'girl.' My name is Gracelyn. His name is Kol and he is in pain because I asked Hartley to give him his magic back. So it is my fault."

"Why does Potter need to give this 'Kol' his magic back? Was it taken?"

"Sort of, Severus. When his mother, Esther, turned him, his sister and his brothers into vampires, he lost his magic."

The studied each other. The blonde was trying to decipher what the Potions Master was thinking and the man held a perfect poker face as several realisations came to mind,

"He's Wiccan," Snape stated.

"Yes," Gracelyn answered.

"A Mikaelson?"

"Yes."

"An Original?"

"Yes."

"My, my. Potter is infatuated with a vampire. A Mikaelson at that." He again stated.

"That she is, dear Severus."

Surprisingly, the Potions Master snorted and shook his head, "She never liked doing anything simple."

The blonde smiled another time for two reasons.

With amusement at Severus's response and the fact that Kol's screams had finally stopped.