~Twenty Six~

twenty six

While Rebekah held Gracelyn like the songstress had done every other time for them when they needed her, Kol followed Klaus with a defeated look on his face. Then for the first time in a millennium, the hybrid pulled his little brother into a hug.

And this made the Reckless Mikaelson burst into tears against the hybrid's shoulder. He squeezed him before he pulled back slightly so they were face to face.

"Gracelyn is asking for you to put her out of her misery, brother-"

"No. I won't do it! I won't kill her. She's the one good thing that has ever happened. She's everything to me..." Kol's voice became that of an animalistic snarl until it faded throughout his words to a child's, who was scared to lose something important, someone he loved.

"I'm not saying to kill her, Kol." Klaus gripped his brother's face with both hands, "I am saying you can put her to sleep with your magic."

The second youngest Mikaelson's expression became slightly hopeful then looked back at the older Original's eyes, "Do you think she would agree to that?"

"Possibly." The Hybrid murmured, his eyes wet.

:3

Rebekah looked up at Kol who had come back into the room with Klaus trailing slowly behind him, who wore a sad but thoughtful expression.

Gracie turned to face him, still lying in the Original Sister's lap. Her forlorn and tear stained face broke his heart.

"Kol?" The songstress whispered, hoarsely.

The said vampire sniffled and wiped away his own tears before kneeling in front of the woman who had been so close to being his sister in law. He tried to smile at her, to reassure her, of what he couldn't fathom, but it instead looked like a grimace.

"I'm not going to kill you Angel, I can't. But maybe I can do something else." The Reckless Mikaelson murmured.

Klaus leaned against the doorframe, his hands in his pockets, upset that the one person who had brought his family back together again was... leaving them. Rebekah watched closely with a frown, not knowing what her brothers had planned.

The songstress also frowned, not understanding what her best friend meant.

"I'll put you to sleep, yeah? Like when Klaus daggers us because he gets all insecure."

"Hey!" The Hybrid called out with mock offence, trying his hardest to lift the depressing mood in the room.

Her ice blue eyes stared deep into Kol's chocolate brown orbs, then slowly nodded her head. To any other being they wouldn't have seen it, but the Mikaelsons did.

Gracelyn went to stand, but the second youngest Original took her hands and pulled her up, sweeping her into another hug. He stroked her blonde hair lightly, threading his fingers through her golden locks.

"You know I love you." He whispered.

She nodded again, "I do."

"When I put you to sleep, I'll hide you away, so no one will ever find you. The only people who'll know where you are will be me, Klaus, Harry and Rebekah. Not Elijah. Not him. Okay?"

"Okay." Gracie whispered.

"Goodbye, Angel."

"Goodbye dear Kol. I know why you were so nervous...Look after her. Love her with all your heart..."

He nodded and kissed her forehead, Kol's hug tightening around her, before he then started to mutter a few Latin phrases. As soon as the last word left his mouth, the beloved songstress of the Mikaelsons's fell limp in his arms with a last puff of breath.

The Reckless Original's thoughts started to scramble and a soul wrenching scream left his body. His movements made Gracelyn's head fall back, her face so calm and peaceful, like she was simply asleep.

His sobs became louder and louder until they were echoing through the halls of the mansion. Rebekah hugged him as best as she could with Gracie between them and behind the youngest brother was Klaus, a comforting hand on his shoulder.

Kol looked up to find his oldest brother standing on the balcony with a shattered look on his face, gazing down at the sleeping songstress.

"Are you happy now, brother!? Are you happy?! Look what you've done! Your jealousy knows no bounds! This is entirely your fault!!"

Elijah's jaw clenched, and his eyes fell to the floor before he sped away. To where, Kol didn't know, nor did he care.