↳three↴

"DON'T LOOK like no psychopath to me." Willie pointed as we all stared at Marcus, who sat in a chair tied up with a bag over his head.

"Can't judge a book by its cover." Saya argued.

Billy then stepped foreword, his colorful mohawk being the highlight of attention, "But you can judge one by its smell." He then ripped the bag off Marcus' head, having him curiously look at all of us, but mostly me since I stood in direct viewpoint.

"He's cute." María commented as though he couldn't hear us.

"Yeah total 'hobo fancy' cover boy material." Billy remarked, but kept his voice at a minimum.

Willie then spoke up again, "What you say, mad dog? You the psycho that did the boys' home massacre?" I look at Willie, with furrowed brows. That's what he did? He massacred a bunch of kids?

Marcus scoffed, "Pretty tough barking at a dude tied to a chair."

"Untie this punk-ass bitch." Willie told Billy and he whipped out his knife.

"All right, but my money's on Hepatitis Harry."

"Forgive my students." Master Lin suddenly said, coming inside the room, making me move over to the side. Lin walked in more as Saya pulled out a chair for him, "They forget that viciousness serves only to make them look weak. Billy, if you'd be so kind," Billy then reach over to break him loose of his restraints. Marcus quickly rubbed his sore wrist as Lin took a seat, with his tea steadily in his hand, "Are you satisfied with your life?"

"Me?" Marcus wondered, sarcastically, "Yeah. I eat trash and I sleep in piss. Everything according to plan."

"Speak to Master Lin with respect." Saya threatened, going toward him, but Willie held her back.

"Master Lin can eat my shit." Marcus bluntly says, before looking around the room, "Who the hell are you people?"

"What's important is that we know who you are, Marcus." Lin said, sipping on tea, "And that we know what you've done. You're a killer," Marcus' face suddenly dropped, "Few value this particular proficiency, but I do. What if I told you there's a home for people like you? A school where you'd be surrounded by your peers."

Marcus clicks his tongue, "Only what? I dress up like a Viking so you can take tasteful pictures?"

"I'm offering you a chance to harness that fire inside you. To master the deadly arts." Lin explains to him.

"The deadly arts, yeah." Marcus whispers to himself, I guess, coming to the conclusion that we were all insane. He stood up from the chair and grabs his bag to toss over his shoulder, "That, uh- that sounds great. You know, this all seems really sane and normal, and y'all look like a fun bunch, but whatever this is-" He cuts himself off and walks through us, shoving Willie along the way, "Later, days."

"Master Lin, shouldn't we go after him?" I asked as he sips on tea and Marcus walks out the door.

Lin choose not to respond as Willie searched his pockets, "That son of a bitch stole my wallet."

I was surprised when Lin asked me to go find Marcus again, but this time alone. It made no sense to me as to why he asked me and not Saya or María, but yet again, I didn't question it. Before I left his office he told me to do what I need to do to get him back here. I had to get him back.

I followed him for the second time of today, the sky seemingly looked as if the world was having an apocalypse. He never noticed my presence stalking him until he chose to lay out on a park bench to nap.