↳four↴

I CAN still remember the day I was recruited by Master Lin. He came to get me in person, choosing to walk through the storm that appeared that night, wind practically hurdling throughout the streets only to pick me up and take me under his wing.

I could never remember what I did, but I remember looking at the limp bodies in front of me, blood everywhere in the room- floor, walls, kitchen counters and dining table. I couldn't lift my eyes from my stained and tainted hands as every inch was covered in my victim's blood. My clothes were dirty and damp with their blood when Master Lin came through my house door to find me in the corner of the kitchen, my hands steadily calm as I flipped them from front to back.

It would of been traumatizing for anyone to see that much blood in one room, however for me, I didn't even blink at the sight until I saw Master Lin's black shoes stand in front of me. From that day, we never spoke of my actions and he never forced me to.

I was grateful for that, yet he recently placed me in therapy when I told him I black out on most of my physical altercations with people. I guess I should've shut up.

Though, because of me bringing back Marcus, Lin is letting me miss most of my therapy session for today to show Marcus around. I tightened the grip on my books as I left my locker, getting ready for my third class of the day- AP Black Arts. Apparently, he has lunch the same time as everyone else and I used to have lunch until they banned me and kept me in Mr.Geller's office. I walked into the classroom and seen all the kids I don't talk to before seeing him.

He sat behind my seat and was so into his notebook that he didn't notice me until I sat down in front of him, "Hey." He called out, but I chose to ignore him, "Hey, Brynn." He then tapped my shoulder, "Brynn."

I turned in my seat to look at him, already watching his lips curl into a smile when I give him my attention. Though I soon meet his eyes and give him a look, "Can I help you?"

"Yeah, you can. You can help by being the only decent person here and talk to me," He suggested, "Everyone from that mission is ignoring me- well besides Billy. Please, you can't pretend like you don't know me either."

I sigh and twirl the pen in my hand, "Did Lin tell you I was helping you around school during lunch?"

"No, I haven't seen him all day." He told me and as if on cue, Master Lin walks into class and everyone quickly takes their seats and snap their heads toward the front of the room. I did the same because no one could disobey him.

Class wasn't as bad as usual, besides the fact that Lin gave Brandy a bloody nose and declared that we have to kill someone for tonight's assignment. My heart dropped at his words because it had to be someone that deserves to die.

All the people I wanted dead are already dead.

Soon lunch came around and I went to the cafeteria to stand in front of Marcus, "Ready?"

"Um, yeah." He quickly picked up his books and his bag, following me out of the cafeteria, "So can you explain to me why nobody is speaking to me?"

"One reason is because-"

"Wait, there's more than one?" He interrupted and I gave him a look.

I then huff as we turned down another hall, before repeating, "One is because of what you did. They figure that you're a challenge to be dealt with or that your actions can't be true- like you killing a bunch of people was a lie," I told him, before looking around to see everyone looking at us, or maybe just him, "Second reason is because we have groups."

"Groups?" He wondered, "Like cliques or something? Like those cheesy drama movies?"

"Yup, and seeing from how you've been treated so far," I paused, to look at his already messed up uniform, "I'm guessing no one really wants you in their clique."