↳sixteen↴

IT'S STATISTICALLY proven that you think less when your mind is at ease. Your body isn't tense, you begin to feel like you're floating in thin air and you feel like you're a thousand miles away from reality. You no longer stress about the things that go on in your everyday life, so you choose to let yourself go and think about now.

It felt like it was only seconds when the LSD kicked into my system and my body no longer felt the same. It was a good feeling. My fingers where numb, so if I was told to hold something, it would slip right through them, and my head felt light, as if it would just fall right off my neck from one touch.

Marcus still hid himself under the car, so we couldn't go nowhere, but I was paying that no mind as I took a pull from my fourth joint from today. My body was laid out in the backseats, my legs dangling out the car as my ears tune out from every conversation.

I was never one to talk a lot when high, as some tell me. If possible, I was the only one who knew they were high and didn't care. I guess that's just was drugs do- they make you care or they make you don't and they make you freak out or just go with the flow.

"I'm back bitches!" Billy yelled as he came up to us, which made me come back to reality. I sit up from the backseat and watch him come over with a wide grin, "I got a blow job from a girl for a pair of Steve Miller tickets. Oh, these hippies ain't half bad. I mean, it's not exactly free love, but love." He lets out a light laugh, but a frown soon forms, "Uh, now I feel kind of sad."

"Not now, man." Willie tells him, "We all tripping. But Marcus Marcus is tripping."

I slowly lay back down and close my eyes until Marcus was soon put inside the car and I had to move so everyone else could get in. However, I still chose to lay out on top of them as Marcus and Billy were back up front, Billy driving us the rest of the way. He didn't believe it was safe for a high person to be driving other high people, but what did it matter?

We soon drove into Las Vegas, and I could help but be amazed by it's colorful buildings and hotels that shined brighter than it ever could. It felt like we were going down an endless road and when I looked to my left a bit, I seen that Marcus was just as engulf into his surroundings like I was.

I watched his curls blow into the wind and the puff of smoke that escaped past his lips turn into thin air. A small smile resided on his face and I couldn't help but smile too. Despite his overuse of drugs, he was having fun, which meant he was happy. I continued to eye him until I feel my heart race like a cheetah when he turns back to look at me. He holds his boyish grin and holds out his cigarette which I slowly take from his grasp, our eyes locked on each other.

Though when the cigarette was in my grip, I clear my throat and put it to my lips, trying not to think of Marcus and how his lips were on the same cigarette only a few moments ago. I couldn't think of Marcus this way anymore, I had Lex in my life.

Well, did I really have him? Was he mine to have?

I push the thoughts away because the purpose was for me to let go and not think about the shit that keeps me up at night. Instead, I just continue to stare at the back of Marcus' head until we reached the hotel we were planning to stay at for the night.

We strolled through the casino and fucked around a bit until we decided to go to our room. We all pile inside and I go straight toward the window to look down at the streets below. People filled the streets and moved around as if the night could never end and I loved every bit of that.

I then look over my shoulder to see Saya cuddled up next to Marcus and a pang of jealousy hit me. I try and ignore it before Willie and Saya left for smokes while Maria went to the pool. I was now laying back on the bed as Marcus still sat at the edge of it, his eyes trained on the TV.