↳twelve↴

I WAS glad to avoid getting detention, seeing as I almost broke Brandy's nose. Lin is still making me pay for the consequences by reading a whole book on the Deadly Arts and writing an essay about the damn thing. That's what sucked the most.

My hand still throbbed, so the nurse had to put it in a splint. I had to imagine Billy calling me and him twins, since he hasn't spoken to me since last night. Lex wasn't talking to me either, considering that I went to the dance and completely avoided telling him or talking to him.

Yeah, I pretty much fucked up on the most part with my friends and to be honest, I don't even know how. I went to a dance and now I'm a traitor on some type of level, despite the fact that I punch Brandy for their benefit and fractured my hand from her hard ass face. What a great life I'm living.

I hum softly to The Smiths, Asleep being my number one favorite from them. I practically had the song on repeat, so I could drown out my thoughts and focus on my assignment, but it was a miserable attempt since it was only putting me in a depressed state. I sigh and give up, grabbing Whitney's new album, Whitney. I'm convinced that would make me feel better.

I was about to exchange the cassettes, but a knock on my door paused my movements. I furrowed my brows and opened my door to see Lex with food. I raised a brow as he smiled, "Hungry?"

"You're not mad at me?" I wondered and he shook his head, so I look at the bag of food, "Depends on what it is." I shrugged and he glanced at the bag.

"Cheeseburger with ketchup," He told me and I instantly grab the burger, "There's fries too, but they're semi-frozen."

I then smirked at him, "I guess I'll find something else to eat then." He laughs at my imitation of him as I pull him inside and close the door. I place down the food and I was about to move in to kiss him, but then I remember my assignment, "Shit, we can't tonight."

He looks over at the spread out papers and textbooks, "Need any help?"

"It's AP Deadly Arts," I tell him, and he walks over to the books anyways and picked up one, flipping through it.

"You don't think I'm AP smart?" Lex wondered, "You don't believe I can help?"

"Unless you can spit out about two thousand words explaining the 7 Deadly Sins and how they are essential to a evil mastermind," I sighed, "I don't think you can."

He looks at me with a raised brow, "Master Lin gave this assignment to you?"

I nod and cross my arms, "Yeah, it's my punishment for punching Brandy last night," I huffed, looking at my patched up hand, "I guess I should have took detention instead."

He chuckled lightly to himself, before placing down the book at over to my radio, taking out the cassette inside to look at it. He raised a brow as he looked at it, "You like the bloody Smiths?"

He said as if were a joke, so I furrowed my brows at him, "Yeah, so?" He doesn't respond, only shrugs at he looked at my other cassettes.

He takes out my Crowded House cassette and laughs, "You really have some shitty taste in music."

"Are you saying that The Smiths and Crowded House are shitty?" I wondered and he shrugged.

"You listen to the songs everyone else listens to. Your music taste is... it's just basic." He explains to me and I walk up to him, snatching my cassettes from him and put them on the table.

"I'm sorry I don't listen to your heavy metal and your Guns N Roses. Shall I paint my nails black and wear chokers?" I sarcastically wonder, and I put the Crowded House in the radio now, "Have you even listened to The Smiths?"

"Yes, I've listened to their sappy and heartbreak songs, and in my opinion," He paused, listening to the music play, "It's not that great."

I gape at him, "That's not even the Smiths!"

"Is there really a difference?" He shrugged. I slowly nod, going back to my bed, grabbing the bag of food to take out my burger. I silently eat the somewhat cold burger in silence, sort of mad from our differences. I knew Lex and I were different, but with music also?

Lex leans against my dresser and eyes me, "Are you mad?"

I hum as I chewed my food, shaking my head. I wipe away the ketchup that rested in the corner of my mouth, "No, I'm not mad. I'm completely fine knowing that we don't like the same music. It's completely cool."

He sighs softly to himself before going to use the bathroom. I sat in my bed, frozen at his recent actions. He just took my words and left to take a piss in my bathroom. The nerve of guys and how they don't understand when girl's lie. Not only do we have to hand them the answers to life, but I guess we got to be shitty liars now too.

I drop the burger back into the container it came in and walk over to my radio to put in The Smiths, playing it sort of loud before going back to my bed to do my work. He soon comes out of the bathroom and reaches over to the burger, taking it to bite a big chunk of it before putting it back next to me. He then silently sits in the armchair, not far from my bed, before he pulls out a cassette from his leather jacket pocket and tosses it at my lap. I pick it up and raise a brow at him after looking down at it, "Michael Jackson?"

"The best man to ever surface the planet." I roll my eyes, "And the best woman is Whitney Houston, no doubt," He simply told me, like he wasn't afraid to admit it, and I couldn't help but chuckle at him, "What?"

I only smile, staring at him for a moment before I got out of my bed and walk up to him, sitting on his lap to pull him in for a kiss. I wrap my arms around his neck and his hands rest of the small of my back, pulling me closer to him as Asleep played again tonight for almost the twentieth time. We slowly pull away and I smirk, playfully teasing him as he kissed my fractured hand, "You listen to Whitney?"

He shrugged again, "Yeah, she's not bad," I couldn't help, but smile as he continued, glancing at the radio, "And I guess the Smiths aren't either."

He smirked as I gasped at him, "You knew the difference?" He only let out a soft whistle and I rolled my eyes. I stare at him and take of his bicycle chain necklace, his jacket, and purposely torn shirt. He supported a small scent of cologne, cigarettes and the burger being the strongest scent between us.

I notice him eyeing me also as I straddled his waist, making him mumble, "How did I get a girl as beautiful as you?"

I smirked and whispered back, removing my shirt also, "Maybe because the girl wanted you too."

He gives a small smile as I slowly bring my hands up to his spiked to hair to mess with it. His eyes don't leave mine before he pulls me in for another longing kiss. His hands were still resting on my back, teasingly drawing small figure eights and circles, which made me think I would set on fire.

I guess I should have paid attention in science since now I know, that for some weird reason, opposites attract.