↳thirty-seven↴

"ONE CALL," I'm reminded and I roll my eyes as I'm handed the phone, "Five minutes."

"What is this, prison?" I questioned Dr.Geller.

"No, but I can-

"Get in a lot of trouble by Headmaster Gao and you'll get killed," I mimicked, "I heard you the first time and the second time, Geller."

He raised a brow at me as I held the phone to my ear, but I waved him off. He huffed and walked off, closing the door behind him before I dialed the number on the paper I received. I was in my room when the paper was pushed under my door and when I opened my door, no one was there, so Geller was the only one I could come to since his phone isn't school mandated.

I glance at the paper to make sure it was correct before the dial tone picked up. I tap my fingers against his desk, impatiently waiting for the anonymous person on the other line to pick up, but when I heard the ringing stop, I quickly sat up.

"Hello?" I spoke up, not hearing a response, "Hello, is anyone there?"

"Brynn?" My heart swelled at the sound of my name, instantly knowing who was calling.

"Master Lin," I sighed, a smile rising on my face. I glance at the door and turn my body, having my voice become quieter, "You're okay?"

"Yes, I'm okay and hopefully you are too?" He asked and I hummed in response.

"Yeah, we're all okay." I answered, "Where are you?"

"I can't answer that right now, but just know that I'm safe." He told me as I twirled the phone cord.

"Well, did you meet Maria? Did she find you?"

"Unfortunately no," He sighed, "She must be trying to find El Diablo."

"By herself? She'll get killed, Lin, you have to find her." I suggested and I could hear him sigh again, so I know his answer. Maria and I weren't close anymore after what happened with Marcus and I, but that doesn't mean I want her dead. She can't say the same for me though. "Gao made me an offer the other day."

"What kind of offer?"

"She's said that I get to go home," I tell him, "My aunt wants me to come home and I have until the end of this week to decide."

"Did you make a decision?"

"Of course not," I shook my head, "A couple of months ago I would have jump at the opportunity and packed my bags already, but.."

"But what?" He wondered, but when I didn't answer, he continued, "Is it because of Marcus?"

"I didn't ask for any of this, Lin," I mumbled, "I never wanted any of this- I didn't want to kill or be a criminal."

"You didn't want to be in love either." He added, "But we do and feel the things we never want to do or feel."

"But now I'm fucked because if I stay, I'll never see them- I'll never see him again." I bit my lip, refraining myself from crying before I heard a knock at door, "Hold on!"

"I see that you have to go, but don't worry, we'll talk soon," Lin assured me, "And no matter what you decide, I feel Marcus will be fine with it. Just do what makes you happy."

He hangs up before I could reply, but the door opened and I'm greeted with Geller, "I thought I said hold on."

"I have patients, Ms.Reynolds." He bluntly told me and I rolled my eyes about to stand, but blood rushed to my head, making me sit back down. I screw my eyes shut as I felt a sudden queasiness hit me, "Brynn, are you alright?"

I nod with my balled fist over my mouth, "Yeah, I just.." I pause when I felt my stomach stop turn, "I just got up too fast."

"Did you eat?" He asked as I open my eyes to see his furrowed brows.

"Yeah, that's all I can do. I feel like a pig from how much I've been eating," I responded, "Or at least bulimic from how much I throw up right after."

He eyed me cautiously before going in his cabinet, "I've rarely had to give these out, but just in case," He paused as he walked over to me and held a white box.

I took it from him hesitantly and opened it only to chuckle, "A pregnancy test?" I met his eyes, seeing they weren't as amused as I were. I shake my head and smile still, "I can't be pregnant, alright Geller? It's just the flu or some other weird shit that goes on in my life."

"Well, things can never be for certain until proven," He simply told me and my smile drops from my face as I stand up from his chair.

"Uh," I stammered, "Thanks, Geller." I then get out of his office and shove the box in my pocket. I couldn't be pregnant. It's impossible.

Or at least I think so.

I rush down the hall and to Saya's room, quickly knocking on her door only for her to open it with a confused look on her face, "What the hell? You scared me."

"Sorry, but it's an emergency," I claim as I go in her room, "Or at least I think it is."

"What kind of emergency?" I sigh at her question, pulling out the white box I was handed less than twenty minutes ago, "Is that a-"

"Pregnancy test? Yeah," I eye the box but then give her a look, "How do you know?"

"Maria had took one way back, thinking she was pregnant by Chico," Saya plainly told me and I slowly nodded as the topic changed, "So, you think you're pregnant?"

"I'm not really sure," I admit and stare at the box, "I just been feeling weird and eating and throwing up like crazy- but I'm not really having morning sickness, and Geller made this stupid accusation and now I can't get my mind off of it."

"Well, go take it." She shrugged and I look up at her as if she had lost her mind, "What? Wouldn't you like to know if you're pregnant by-"

"Don't," I quickly execute, "It's not likely."

"Are you sure, Brynn?" She asked, "You had slept with Marcus before us getting kidnapped and you both were drunks, right? And we were held captive for like a week and didn't you get sick when we came back? It's only been four weeks and isn't that around the time when you can really tell that-"

"Okay, stop!" I shriek as if she was suddenly Sherlock Holmes, "I'm not pregnant, alright? The last I had my period was..."

I pause to think back, but my brows furrowed in confusion when I couldn't remember, "You won't know until you take it, Brynn." I groaned to myself as I feel her push me toward her bathroom, "Don't stress on it too much, it could come out negative and you can enjoy much more sex later."

When I got inside her bathroom, she removed me from her grasp, causing me to turn to her, "Saya..what if I'm pregnant?"

She looked at me with sympathy as she grabbed the doorknob, "We'll figure it all out, I promise." Without waiting for a response, she shuts the door, leaving me to stand in the middle of her bathroom, still gripping onto the thing that may hold my future.

I let out a shaky breath and open the box to stare at the contents inside, "God, could it get any worse?"