↳twenty↴

MY BODY was frozen under the sheets as I stared up at the ceiling. It felt as it everything stopped moving and I was the only one aware of it. Lex's shoulder brushed against mine as I kept my arms tightly gripping the sheets, letting it cling to my body as I felt I could do nothing else. The ceiling fan spun in slow motion, it's wind blowing around the room, making my naked body shiver with chills.

My heart was the loudest thing in the room, it's blood pulsing through my ears as I heard Lex call my name. My ears burns and I could feel my skin go pale when he called me again, "Brynn."

Say something. Say something, you big idiot!

I slowly turn my head to him and watch him turn his body to the side, propping himself up with his arm under him, "Brynn, are you alright?"

My head moves before my mind could comprehend his words, "Yeah, I'm fine."

"You sure? You've been staring at the bloody fan for a good ten minutes." He informs me and I sit up, still holding the sheets against my chest, leaving my back exposed.

I put my head in one of my free hands and rub my temples, "Yeah, it's just that I got a headache," I then glance at him, "Do you have any aspirin?"

He nods and looks around the room, briefly, before stepping out of the bed. Before he got the Motrin, he bent down to grab his boxers to put them on before searching the room. I turn my body, so my bare feet touch the icy floor, which caused a chill to instantly run up my spine. I watch him go over to his desk and grab his bottle of pills, taking out two pills to bring over to me.

When he hands them to me, I mumble a thanks and start to walk into the bathroom. I wrapped the thin sheets tightly around my body as I went, closing the door slightly, so I was somewhat out of his sight. I turn on the water and toss the two pills in my mouth before cupping my hands under the water, so I could drink it and down the pills.

My head was spinning with the memories of what happened not too long ago, letting the fact that I lost my virginity sink in. I then splashed water on my face before looking myself in the mirror. My face was pale, my hair turn into a huge afro, and I had hickies trailing down the left side of my collarbone.

I grab the hair tie on my wrist and use it to put my hair in a high puff, but not before tucking in a part of the sheets so it wouldn't fall. When I looked in the mirror again, I knew I couldn't stay in the bathroom. I knew I was making Lex think that he fucked up or something, but this is my burden to bear.

My family wasn't too religious, so I wasn't concerned about having sex after marriage. I guess it's just that no one can ever be truly ready to let go of your most sacred possessions.

A sudden knock on the door startled me and I glance back to see Lex pushing the door open before leaning on the doorframe. He wore only his jeans now and a look of concerned when I turned to face him fully, but I didn't address it since he spoke first.

"Brynn, be honest with me," He started off, sighing heavily, "Are you having regrets about this?"

I stare at him for second and shake my hand, "No, are you?"

"No," He instantly said, which made me think he meant it. Lex never told me wether he was a virgin or not, so that made another mile of question run through my head. He then walked up to me as I leaned back on the sink, "Brynn, talk to me."

"I am talking to you," I laugh dryly, but I could see that he was in a no laughing mood since he then stepped out the bathroom, with an annoyed expression on his face. I let out a groan and went to follow him, but once I left the bathroom, my pager went off.

I glanced at his clock and saw it was almost seven in the morning, though it felt like four  because Lex chose to never open his curtains to let the sun come in. I glanced at my pager before at Lex, who sat on his bed with his head deep in his comic book. I bit my lip, feeling ever so guilty, but my pager continued to beep, so I went toward it and saw it was Marcus. He's the only one I know that uses the same pay phone to call me from.

Without asking, I go to Lex's phone and dial the number, Marcus already picking up after the first ring, "Brynn, you there?"

"Yeah, I'm here," I answered, "What's up?"

"I need to speak to you," He sighed, "You're the only one I trust enough to talk about this with."

I take a moment of silence before huffing when I felt an ache start to form throughout my body, "Yeah, sure. We can meet in the yard before the first bell."

"Okay, yeah," He agreed, "See you then."

He then hung up as quickly as he picked up the phone, causing me to turn to Lex again, "I got to go."

"Okay," He mumbled and I couldn't help, but roll my eyes. Now both of us were shutting each other out.

I quickly grab all my clothes and put them on, but I shake each one to get the petals off, seeing as they were now all surrounding his floor. When I put my shoes and my coat on, I go up to Lex and sit beside him on the bed.

I then take his comic out of his hands so he could look at me, "It's not you, Lex, alright? It's just me and my fucked up mentality," I sighed as I then looked at my hands, "I just don't know how to handle shit like this, but I just wanted you to know, I'm not acting like this because of you or us. This is my own shit that I'm dealing with right now."

"That's why I asked you to talk to me and you took it as a bloody joke," He grumbled, so I look up to cup his face.

"I'm sorry," I apologized, before I briefly kiss his lips, "Tonight was amazing and a night that I won't forget. I promise." He smiles a bit, so I continued, "I have to go for right now, but I'll see you later in lunch."

He nods, "Okay, sure." I then stand up and walk to the door and glance back to wave before quickly leaving his room and going back to mine before anyone had seen me.

Thankfully, my room was only a couple of halls away, so after speed-walking, I finally got to my room. Once I got inside and closed the door behind me, I stripped myself of my clothes and instantly got into the shower. I let the hot water hit my sore body as I scrubbed harshly on my skin to try and forget all that has happened. Yeah, it was my fucked up mentality that's making me feel like shit right now.

When I finished showering, I wasted no time to put on my uniform after I dried off and moisturized myself. I quickly styled my hair into a low ponytail and slipped on my shoes and blazer before grabbing my bag and going back out the door to meet Marcus. My flats clicked lightly through the halls all the way until I reached the yard, the grass now silencing my shoes. I already seen Marcus there, drawing in his infamous notebook, a cigarette in his mouth, and his headphones in, so he didn't hear me coming.

Though when I got closer, he had seen me and took off his headphones and gave a simple smile, "Morning."

I gave a nod, "Hey." I greet before looking up at the gloomy sky, "So what did you want to tell me?"

He pulled the cigarette from his mouth and flicked it to the ground, before letting a puff of smoke escape past his lips, "When we were in Vegas, a ran into a guy I knew from the Boy's Home. I thought it was just the drugs fucking with me, but- but it was him."

"I remember you coming into the room, saying that someone was there," I recall, "Chester, I think you said his name was?"

He then nods, "Yeah, and he's always push around and shit back in the home, so I guess he chose to frighten me at my worse point."

"So what happened?"

"He called me last night, threatening me," He then rubbed his head, letting out a groan, "Saying that he has Chico."

I raised a brow and cross my arms, "But Chico is dead, Marcus."

"That's exactly why he will use Chico's body as a ploy to take me down," He explained, "But if he takes me down for that murder.."

"We're all going to be in so much shit. Everyone was involved that night. Everyone seen Maria kill him and did nothing," I look away from him and back at the sunless sky, letting my mind process my own words. When I glance back at Marcus, he was looking at the sky too, so I look back up, "We're all royally fucked."