↳ twenty-two↴

"BRYNN, TALK to me." I hear when I open my locker and see Marcus coming up to me, "You barely spoke to me after telling me that you're 'done' with me."

"Yeah, because I am done," I sighed, putting my books in the locker, "I'm not your guinea pig and I'm not your second best- or third- when the others don't give you attention."

"I didn't say anything about you being my guinea pig," He defended, "I have feelings for you, Brynn-"

I cut him off by giving him a stern look before looking both ways down the hall, "You should be quieter before Maria comes out from one of these lockers and tries to slice me with her fan."

He kept an unamused look, giving a brief fake smile before letting it drop as I smirked, "You know, you aren't any more good of a person as me." I raise a brow at him, "Did you tell Lex what happened?"

"Tell me what?" I hear his thick accent come up from behind me and I glance back when he wraps his arm around me. I give him a small smile, but feeling Marcus eyeing us down, "Is it about the guy that got killed?"

My smile drops and I glance at Marcus, "Someone got killed?"

"Yeah, everyone heard about it. The news has been spreading around like wildfire." He told me, but I still gave him a look, "Someone killed Yukio the other night."

My mouth gaped slightly at his words, "I didn't hear about that." I slowly respond and look at Marcus, who then looked with relief, so I glare his way, "Uh, Lex, Marcus and I have to go get something from class."

I was about to remove myself from Lex's grip, but he stopped me to pull me to the side, away from Marcus, "Why do you always choose him over me?"

"Lex, what are you talking about?" I asked, "We just need to-"

"You've been going places with him all month and making up dumb excuses to me," He told me, "I know you've been lying to me and I haven't questioned it, because I'm not your boyfriend, but after the night we had sex... I just have to ask is if anything is going on between you and him?"

I look at him and hesitated for a few seconds, so he looked away and shook his head. I glance down at my shoes, "Lex, I-"

"Go ahead then," He cuts me, "Go get the bloody 'thing' you need from class."

He walked off and I sigh, "Lex!" I called out, but he continued walking down the hall.

I then turn to Marcus, seeing that he watched the whole conversation, "Everything good?"

"That's none of your business." I dismiss and pull on his blazer, dragging him down the hall, "Now, you know something about Yukio. Tell me."

"What are you-"

"Do you know who killed him?" I asked him,  but in a slight whisper, keeping him close so our conversation could stay between us.

He glanced around us, "Maria, but she did it to help Saya."

"Help her?" I questioned, "Yukio was a part of her gang. And if everyone knows about his death, so does Lin."

"And so?"

"Don't you remember the rules when you got into this fucked up place?" I asked, "No killing other students and because your girlfriend broke that rule, again, we are once again fucked."

"But Chico's father-" A loud clash made us stop talking, and Marcus shoved through the crowd that began to form. I follow behind him to see Maria and Saya close to one another and one of Maria's goons, Juan, sprawled on the floor.