↳two↴

"DID LIN ask you to join me?" I asked Saya as she walked on top of the building along side me, watching the wanted boy down below.

"No," She said simply, though I could tell it was a lie. That's the one thing I couldn't stand despite the fact that I lie all the time. I'm a hypocrite liar that hates liars.

I rolled my eyes, watching as the kid- Marcus stopped to look at a burned down building below. He took out a cigarette and lit it within an instant, staring at the building longingly. I furrowed my brows, curious of what his thoughts were as he seemed so interested in them. Lin still chose to hide me away from the information that could of helped me know more about him, and I'm assuming he told Saya to do the same with me.

He turns his head to see the police stop at the same corner before putting his hoodie on and walking again. I sigh, seeing as we didn't stop for long. We followed him, discreetly, all the way until it was dark and we reached this broken down place that seemed known to the homeless people that roamed the streets.

He kept his head down walking in, but someone yanked him up and snatched his bag. He let the man dig through his bag until he find something he likes and stuffs it in his pocket. Marcus didn't seem to like that and tried to fight him, but the man had the upper hand and forced him onto the ground. He holds onto Marcus tightly and holds a weapon to his neck. I was about to step in, but Saya held me back. I gave her a look, "What?"

"That's not our orders," She told me bluntly, "We are to scope and follow him until the others get here."

"But what if he gets killed during our watch and we couldn't do nothing to stop it because it wasn't 'our orders'?" I asked her and she looked over my shoulder before forcefully turning me to look at the boy.

The man was releasing him, pulling him up only to push him away. He doesn't waste time on walking off, hearing the man yelling after him to leave. Part of me felt bad for the kid.

I never been a situation that's he's going through, but I know he must be feeling like shit. We continue to watch him storm out of the hideout, only to see him pick up a joint that another man tossed down. I shake my head at his stupidity, "Idiot."

"Come on, let's go." Saya told me as the parade began in the streets, "They're here."

She pulled me along as I wondered, "Who else is on the mission, by the way?"

"You're about to find out." She suddenly shoved me out into the crowd of people, making me bump into the boy we've been stalking. I look back to see that Saya was gone, but look up to Marcus as he held onto my sleeve for dear life.

He looks around me, paranoid and afraid, making me raise a brow, "What the hell was in that joint?" I asked, but he was so in his own world that he slipped through my fingers and further into the crowd.

I tried to follow after him, pushing people in all directions, until I see a large dude come up beside me and look down at me, "This way."

He directed me toward Marcus, but I notice the cops coming, making me tap on the guys shoulder, "Cops." I simply told him, before he turns Marcus to warn him. Marcus hesitantly runs off after seeing them, making me groan as I pulled out my kunai before I run after him.

I chase him down all the way to some parking lot, having him look back at me and run faster, "Leave me alone!"

I rolled my eyes and continued to try and catch up to him, but soon he loses his breath and abruptly stops. I let out a huff and stop also, "Finally, Jesus Christ."

He took moments to breath, but he turned his head to look at me, "Who... who are you?" He asked, his voice tired as he tried to catch his breath. I was about answer until I heard a motorcycle that I could tell was Saya. I glanced back down the tunnel, but when I turn to look at Marcus, he took off again.

"I'm tired of running after you." I huffed, tucking my knives back as Saya comes up next to me on her bike. I glared at her, "Oh, so now you come."

"Just get on." I quickly get on the bike, sitting behind her, before we tried to catch up to Marcus. He continues to run until he reaches the edge, causing him to crouch down into a ball.

Saya, however, turns the bike to stop, making me look at him, "Get on." I told him, but sound of sirens soon came closer and we turned our attention to the cops, who soon held our guns out to us, "What do we do?" I asked Saya as she getting off the bike after I did.

She turned to me and smirked, putting her hands up in the air, "We fight."

I shake my head to myself and put up my hands. The cops goes up to Saya first, causing her to attack first, causing me to pull out my knives again, not hesitating on running toward the cops to attack. They shot at me, but I dodge the bullets, throwing my kunai into their neck and kicking them in the stomach when I got close enough.

I take my knives out and slice another person when they tried to come up to me, before I stand up and look at the bodies laid out. I then notice two guys pick up Marcus and carry him off. Saya then looked at me, "I thought you were done killing?"

I look down at my blood covered hands and throwing knives. I lean over to clean my knives off on one of the cops before putting them in my back pocket. I stared at the people I killed, their bodies limp as I think of it they had families or if they would've lived a better life if they weren't here tonight. I then bring my eyes up to her and walk away from the dead men to go to her, "I am."