↳eighteen↴

A MONTH has passed since the Vegas road trip and every time I think of it, it feels like it just happened. It feels like I just took LSD and was smelling the air of Vegas and downing myself in the light that blared throughout the streets. Though, it feels like yesterday when I watched Chico die and made out with Marcus.

For some reason, I could still feel his touch and his kisses, even when I'm kissing Lex and laying down next to him in bed. It felt really wrong to still think of Marcus that way, especially since I still haven't told Lex and Marcus is now dating Maria, but in secret. I know Lex thinks I'm acting weird at times, but for some reason he doesn't ask.

But after what we saw in Vegas, everybody is fucked up and yet no one wants to talk about it. We had to keep it bottled up, especially since Chico's body was never reported, which left us in the clear, but not forgotten as a suspect.

"We should go see a movie." Lex suggested as he fixed his blazer, "Get some popcorn and some twizzlers.. then maybe get something to eat after."

I raise a brow at him as we walk down the hallways, "Like a date? Are you asking me on a date?"

"Yeah, we've been together- well hooking up- for almost two months now," He explained, "All we do is either go to your room or my room. We never go out of the room."

"You want others to know about us?" I asked and he furrowed his brows.

"What wrong about that?"

I shrug, "Nothing, it's just I thought you'd want things to be..I don't know-just between us especially since we aren't serious."

"I don't mind that we are keeping things between just us," He assures as he scratched the back of his head, "I'm just sort of tired of us hiding behind closed doors."

"So what do you want to do?" I wondered, hoping he'd just get to the point.

He smirked and stopped us, so I'd look at him, before taking my hands in his, "I want to take you, Brynn Reynolds, out on a date."

A smile forms on my lips and I nod, "Okay, I'd love to." He then grins and quickly moves in to kiss me on the lips once the bells rang. I was stunned seeing as there was already people roaming the halls, who had seen us. Maybe he's serious about not hiding anymore. He pulls away when a lot of people enter the halls, and I stammered on my words, "I'll, uh..."

"See you later, Brynn." He smirked and walked away down the hall before turning the corner to his class.

"You guys made it official?" I hear and turn to see Marcus, holding onto the strap of his bag that rested on his shoulder.

"Uh," I paused, "He just asked me out on a date."

"That's good," He praised, but then seen I didn't respond, "That is good, right?"

I then look at him and nod quickly, "Yeah. Yeah, it is." He nods back and I tried not to stare at him too long, so I hit his shoulder lightly, "Let's head to class."

We had Chem so when we I entered the class, the bell had just rung, but the teacher still chose to have us sign the late sheet. The class found their partners, so Marcus was left being my partner for the rest of class.

When take our seats the teacher began, "This may be a school for killers, but that doesn't mean you can't learn the basics of chemistry," A groan erupts through the class, "Hey, you want to know how to make bombs one day, right? Well this is the way and this is the day. I want you guys to make a smoke bomb by the end of class. Begin."

I nod to myself as we begin our class assignment, "I think we need Potassium Nitrate."

"Why?"

"It's what they use in gun powder and fireworks," I tell him and his eyes go wide in realization. I let out a light laugh and went to go reach for the powder, but he reaches out also for it, which caused our hands to touch. Our hands linger each other, but I pull away and cleared my throat, grabbing the sugar instead.