↳ twenty-three↴

"LEX?" I called as I watched him scramble for his clothes, along with Billy. I couldn't believe Petra when she told me because I didn't want me, but I knew my eyes weren't deceiving me.

Billy hurried on his clothes and was about to walk past me, but stopped to look at me, "Just know that I'm sorry and that I didn't mean to."

I was about to ask him what he meant, but he rushed out of the room and closed the door behind him. I stare at him as he pulled his shirt on him, "Lex...please tell me that this was just a joke? Please say that you weren't about to have a threesome?"

He raised a brow, "Who said anything about a threesome?"

"Petra told me, one of the people that were involved in the potential threesome. Do you remember her?" I asked, rhetorically, as he sat on the bed, "I thought she was joking, but then I come in here to see you both near to being naked."

"Well, she's not the only one informing people about other's business," He remarked and I furrowed my brows at him, "You know why I was close to doing that?"

I cross my arms over my chest, "No, please enlighten me."

"Well, Billy told me how you and Marcus hooked up in Vegas." He bluntly told me and I stood frozen.

"What-"

"He had the decency to explain that you both were high on LSD," He continued, "But then Billy shared how after you guys hooked up after that day, sober, and time again after that, in his occasional rants before trying to cover it all up and say it was a bloody joke."

I glanced down at my shoes and sighed, "Lex, I can explain."

"What is there to explain, Brynn? You lied to me, multiple times," He huffed, "I asked you wether there were something going on between you guys twice this past month and you lied to me. I asked you about Vegas and you continued to tell me that it was just you, Saya, and Maria on that trip- that is where you lied again."

"I didn't want to tell you about Vegas because of Billy and his dad-"

"You don't think he told me about his father? He been wanted to kill the bloody man, but this isn't about Billy!" He began to shout, but seen that I was surprised by him yelling, so he sighed. He turned in a slow circle, rubbing his head, "You know, I thought I was just losing my mind whenever I thought you liked Marcus, but now I'm hearing how you were sleeping with him."

"I never slept with him-"

"But that night in Vegas, you almost did. You were so close to having sex with him," Lex stated, "What happened? What stopped you?"

I can't tell him about Chico. No one can know about that night. I look at Lex and look down at my shoes, "Because I knew it was wrong," I lied once again, "But I didn't sleep with him, we only made out. My first time was with you, Lex."

He shook his head slightly, "And it's all making sense now," I furrowed my brows at him, "We've been together for almost two months and we just had sex, but when Marcus showed you a little attention you were ready to hop into bed with him with no questions asked."

I look down at my shoes, "We were high, Lex. I wasn't thinking right."

"Yeah, but you liked Marcus before you even gave me a second glance," He claimed, "I was your second choice because Marcus was so far up his own ass to notice you liked him. You didn't want me and you know it."

"I did want you- I do want you," I protested, "We had far better times together than I ever could with Marcus."

"But you wished it was him," He grumbled, "And in Shabnam's party, I knew why you wanted me to go to the room with you, but I didn't care because I didn't really have feelings for you then. I thought me and you were just a no strings attached kind of relationship, but then you made me fall for you."

"Lex-"

"Do you even have feelings for me?" He asked and I stare at him before nodding.

"I do have feelings for you, Lex. You got to believe that." I told him, but he kisses his teeth, "I even told him that I can't be with him anymore. I ended things between us."

"Why, so you don't get caught?" He asked.

"No," I argued, "It didn't feel right lying to you and I was going to tell you."

He scoffed as he pulled at his hair, "Yeah, a month and a few weeks too late, Brynn."

"I don't want nothing to do with Marcus, Lex." I assure him, and go up to him about to grab his hands, but he moves away from me which made my heart break.

"That doesn't change what has happened, Brynn." He mumbled, tears forming in his eyes, "You lied, you cheated, and you got caught."

A tear slips down my cheek, "So what are we going to do? What can I do to fix this?"

"I don't- I don't know," He grunted but walked toward the door and opened it, "I just can't be near you right now.. I need time- some space."

My heart shattered and plummeted to the dark pit of my stomach and another tear slid down my down the side of my face, but I wipe it away and sniffle, "Okay, yeah. Uh, take all the time you need."

My body felt like it sunk into itself, but I forced my feet to take action and walk out of his room. Once I stepped out into the hall, I tried to make myself not turn around to look at him, but the door slammed shut before I could. Once the door close, I let out a shaky breath as if I wasn't breathing this whole time.

My chest felt like it expanded and I was able to take in the fresh air for the first time today. I pushed myself to keep moving, but once I reached the corner of the hall, I slouched against the wall and a sob escaped my lips. I grip my chest and slide down the wall, pain coursing through my body as I cried.

My emotions were everywhere and I couldn't pinpoint what I was crying for; because I was caught, like Lex said, or because I felt like I was the shittiest person in the world. I'm assuming it's the latter.

"Brynn," I hear, but I ignore it before I see Saya squat down in front of me, "Brynn, what's wrong?"

I look at her and blubber out cries, so she pulled me into her arms, stroking my hair. The last time I was held like this was when my mother would hold me and my sister as my father would yell and toss things across the room in anger. I used to be so afraid, so I would cling to my mother and never let go until my dad left the room in rage. So instinctively, I squeezed onto Saya tightly and sob, "I fucked up, Saya. I fucked up- I fucked up real bad."