↳thirty-five↴

"PLEASE, BRYNN," Headmaster Gao instructed as I stood by the door, "Take a seat." I was about to follow her words, but a monk, who stood by the door, held out their hands, "Sorry, but you have to give him your crutches. We can't take any chances."

I force a smile before removing my crutches from under my arms to hand it to him, "You want to strip search me too?" I asked, but I continued to take a seat. I leaned back in the chair, "Saya told me that you wanted to speak to me."

"Yes I did, but first I wanted to ask how you were?" She questioned and I raise a brow, "I mean, you did go through a traumatizing experience that could only happen to a few people."

"Well, I think that's what Dr.Geller is for, isn't it?" I retorted, "I mean he isn't the only unlicensed doctor in this place, but I was told to only report my feelings to him."

"Well, he told me about Lex-"

"I thought there was a confidentiality between a patient and their prescribed doctor," I interrupted, "If I'm not mistaken, Master Gao."

"You're not, Brynn," She nodded, "But if a student was murdered and several more students were involved, including a couple going missing, confidentiality goes above both Dr.Geller and my pay grade."

I clench my jaw and ball my fist, "I don't mean to come off harsh, but I have enough therapy to last a lifetime and enough fucked up shit in my life to write a novel, so whatever this is..I don't need it."

She smiled a bit at me, "I love your attitude, it's so- what's the word- refreshing," She moves the papers on her desk slightly, "Makes me think that's why my brother enjoyed your company."

My fist drops, suddenly laying flat against the arm rest, "How is Master Lin?"

"Wouldn't know," She told me, "He went off the grid while you guys were kidnapped and we haven't heard anything from him since."

"Good," I nodded, "He doesn't need people like you trying to assassinate him."

"He lied about a lot of things, Brynn-"

"That we did," I correct, "He protected us so we weren't the ones hiding in the shadows."

"But how can you protect someone that's already in the shadows or who's hiding away in a secret murderer school?" She asked me, "Don't get me wrong, but I don't think you're behind bars yet for the murder of your family, right?"

I grasp the chair slowly, my grip tight as I stared Gao in the face, "If you don't mind, I'd appreciate if you never mention them again."

"I'm sorry, but I can't," She sighed, pulling out a letter from her desk, "You see, the real reason you're here is because your aunt from your mother's side has sent us a letter asking for you to return home. I assume Lin contacted her before this whole sham of a mess and she feels as though you deserve to go home and live a normal life."

"What?" I asked, my voice low as she slides the paper to my side of the desk for me to grab it and read it for myself.

"If I were you, I would take this opportunity and reflect on it," She told me and I glance up at her, "Brynn, you've been through an awful lot and you're being accused of murdering your mother and sister, but it was only your father you killed."

"Shut up." I mumbled, staring down at the paper that had my aunt's handwriting.

"I'm assuming you never wanted to be your father, so this right here is your chance to prove so, unless..." Gao trailed, "Unless, something- or someone is keeping you here. Like Marcus perhaps."

"I said shut up!" I exclaimed and slammed my hand on the desk, standing up, but instantly I freeze when I feel the monk press a baboon stick against the side of neck.

Gao eyed me with amusement before she raised a hand to the monk and he lowered his weapon of choice, "Please sit, Brynn. It just doesn't feel right for me to be beating a cripple senseless." I hesitate on sitting back down, but when I did she hummed in satisfaction, "Now, I will let you have a week to decide on whether you are staying or going, but remember if you go, you can't return or contact anyone inside of King's Dominion, yet if you stay, you will never get this opportunity again or this leniency from me."

"Can I go count down the seconds until then?" I asked, my voice straining to stay calm before she nodded simply.

"Yes, it seems that you have a lot of decision making to do, so I will give that to you," She agreed before I stood up and limped to the monk, so he could give me my crutches. I was about to open the door until I heard her speak again, "Oh and, Brynn, could you tell Mr.Arguello I said hello and that I'll be meeting him in the near future."

I don't answer her, only opening the door and hearing it shut behind me when I step out into the hall. I jump at the sudden slam of the door, uneasiness settling in my stomach from the conversation we had. It felt like we only talk for three minutes and that I barely had time to process all that we discussed.

She handed me the most difficult ultimatum and grinned with pleasure as she then watched me walk off with it. She was giving me a chance to get my freedom, a chance to live in the real world-

But I wasn't really free, was I? My name isn't cleared. You put my name in the system, you would find me wanted for the death of my family. I would be locked up there just like I am now, but I have someone- somebody I can finally call family- that wants me.

Lin was family too. He took me into a place I've called home for years and I ended up in a bigger family of my own- I had Saya, Billy, Willie, Marcus.

Marcus. How would he feel if I told him I had this opportunity- the opportunity to finally breath real air and possibly never see him again? How would they all feel?

My head spins at the rapid thoughts, causing me to stop and lean against the wall. I put my fist over my mouth as I watch Billy come up to me, "Hey, Brynn, you seen- oh, you don't look so good."

I suppress my sudden urge to vomit, feeling my skin go pale, "God, I think I'm going to sick."

"I'm not God," Billy object as he helps me down the hallways, "But I can help you to the bathroom."