↳ twenty-seven↴

DESPITE MY partying from the other day, I couldn't help but take a chug from my beer as I watched The Adolescents set up on stage. I feel Marcus stand next to me, so I take another swig, "Where's Maria?"

"In her room, downing a bottle of Jack Daniels." He simply told me and I hummed.

"Sounds better than this." I grumble, looking down at my beer and he raised a brow at me.

"You don't like The Adolescents?" He asked and I shake my head, so he smiled a bit, "I never listened to them."

I let out a light laugh, "Then why are you here instead of enjoying a nice bottle of Jack too? Saya told me that Maria needed you tonight."

He eyed me for a minute as if he were thinking of what to say, but looked at the band ahead, "Needed to get my mind off of tomorrow. Needed to prevent myself from pussying out on this whole thing."

I hum again as I took another sip, "You nervous?"

He nods quickly, "I feel like I'm going to shit myself." I laugh again at his honesty, so he furrowed his brows, trying not to laugh as well, "What? It's true."

"Yeah well, that means you just haven't drunken enough for tonight."

I hand him my beer and he gladly takes, "I had several drinks, for your information." I laugh and toss up my hands as he chugged down the last of it.

I watch him finish it and place it down on the counter, licking his lips subtly before looking at me, but letting his eyes wander down to my lips, "Cherry chapstick?"

I grin and pull it from my pocket and hold it out to him, "The best of the best."

He playfully rolls his eyes before messing with the bottle, "So how are things with Lex?"

"It's good so far," I responded glancing back to see him across the room, talking to his friend for our weapons, "He forgave me- sort of."

"Well, I hope so," Marcus said, before rubbing his jaw, "Because he sure packs a punch."

I chuckle lightly and grab his chin, forcing his head to face to light so I could see his bruised cheek, "And to think you were going to go a month with no bruises."

I could feel him staring at me as I eyed his cheek, but when I drop my hand, he quickly takes hold of it, making me look at him, "I missed speaking to you. Today has been the first day in forever since we last spoke."

I glance around the indoor concert, for any wandering eyes, though I noticed that we were in the corner of the bar by the exit, so I doubt anyone would see us. When I look back at him, my eyes move down to our intertwined hands, "Marcus, we can't anymore."

He nods, "I know, I know. It's just that-"

"Brynn!" I quickly snatch my hand from his and turn to see Saya approach us with her flask. I give her smile since she held a wide one, "Come on, let's go dance."

"I'm not in the mood to get slammed into each other." I tell her and she frowns, but grabs my hand trying to tug me into the floor, making me groan, "Saya, no."

She holds her frown and looks at Marcus, "Can you convince her? She'll listen to you."

He grins at her statement and looks at me with a smug look, so I instantly shake my head, "No, no. I'm not going and you can't make me."

Saya smirks, "I'll see you guys on the dance floor." She then let's go of my hands and walks toward the crowd, leaving me with Marcus.

I groan, "Please don't make me go."

He glanced at the crowd and as the band began to sing before shaking his head, "Nah, I won't," I let out a sigh of relief, before he holds out his hand and nods toward the back exit, "Let's get out of here, though."

I eye the door and glance back at our friends to see them in the mosh pit, being shoved all over the place, before at Marcus. I knew what my future would lead if I went with him and part of me no longer cared. So without another doubt, I take a hold of his hand and he gladly pulls me along and out of the back exit.

We rushed down the street and turned a corner, but when he caught sight of an alleyway, he drags me down it and up against a wall. He startled me by his sudden actions, but his lips pressed against mine to make me forget it all. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me, the taste of beer, cheap booze and cherry chapstick residing on our lips.

He pulls me in closer by my waist and after that everything was a blur until the morning. I felt him move near me as we laid in a bed of grass. I'm not sure how we got here or what time it is, but I felt more than comfortable as I laid down semi-naked. My back faced away from Marcus, but when I turn, I noticed him stirring awake and meeting my eyes.

"Morning." I mumbled and he hummed.

He then let out a light groan and rubbed his eyes, "What time is it?"

"I'm not sure," I shrug, looking around the secluded area, "10 o'clock maybe?"

He then jolts up by response, "Shit, I have to go." He hurriedly pulls up his pants that pooled at his ankles and shoved on his shoes. I sit up and furrowed my brows at him, which made him look at me with wide eyes, "Did you forget the bombs in the comic store?"

My eyes shoot open and before I could join him, he takes off down the street. My head spun, so I lay back down in the grass and let out a groan. Today is the day. Today is the day that we fight in this battle and probably die.

God, I'm going to throw up.