↳seven↴

I KEPT my head down most of the morning, the aftermath of last night hitting me like a truck. Everyone was basically hungover from from the party, no one in the mood to even have a conversation.

When the bell rang, I went to my locker to grab my book for Lin's class before I hear my name getting called. I turned to see Saya coming up to me as I close my locker, "One too many vodkas?" I raised a brow at her question, causing her to laugh, "Vicktor told me."

I let out a light chuckle, "Yeah, and never again." I then rubbed my forehead and let out a yawn, making her only laugh more.

"Got some action last night too?" She joked and I furrowed my brows, which made her point at my neck, "Either that's a hickey or you got attacked by rabid animal."

I placed my hand over the hickey and my eyes go wide, most of my memories from last night resurfacing, "Holy shit."

She smirked evidently, finding my reaction amusing, "So, who was it?"

I then looked at her in horror, "What?"

"Who was it?" She repeated, "Who did you hook up with last night?"

"Uh, I- uh.." I tried to think of excuse because on the tip of my tongue sat Lex's name. I thought back him on top of me and us practically dry humping one another.

"Alright fine, you don't have to tell me if you don't want," She raised up her hands, "At least you got more action than me."

"I thought I saw you and Marcus-"

"Nope, nothing happened." She tells me with a sigh, as if she wished something did happen.

I let out a forced laugh, "Well not that much happened anyways seeing as the cops showed up." Thank god.

"I believe that was the best part of my night." Saya said as we entered Lin's classroom. Everyone looked dead and tired as if they were in a grave all night, "I don't think it was for everyone else though."

We take our seats and notice a substitute teacher walk into the class. I glance around to look for Marcus, but I don't see him around either. Saya moved to sit behind me, "I'm glad Master Lin isn't here to ridicule us. Wonder where they are, though." She said, leaning over the desk to talk to me.

However, I grabbed my bag and stand up, "I'm going to the bathroom." I told her and leave the room, but not before grabbing the bathroom pass. I walk down the halls, but instead of going to the bathroom, I go up to the roof, in hopes of finding Lex.

Surprisingly when I open the door to the roof, I see Lex sitting on the edge of the roof with a cigarette in his mouth. He heard the door, which made him turn to me. "Afternoon." He grumbled, hungover as well. He was up here by himself, which I was sort of glad for so we can talk alone.

I tightened the grip on my bag, "You busy?" I asked and he only chuckled before he came from the edge of the roof and toward me. He took a pull from his cigarette, "Got a joint?"

He shook his head, "Nah, smoked my last one this morning." I only nod, before held out his cigarette to me.

"Thanks," I mumbled, putting it to my lips and taking a drag from it, only to let smoke escape past my lip as his eyes never leave me. I handed him back his cigarette before sighing out, "We need to talk."

He raised a brow as he took another pull, "About what?"

"Last night?" I responded as if it were a question.

"What there's to talk about?" He wondered, flicking the cigarette across the roof, letting itself die out, "Last night we kissed. That's it. Nothing to discuss really."

His words weren't suppose to hurt because it was true. That's all we did, yet how he said it with such bluntness, as if it didn't matter, is what hurt me.

I nodded slowly, and press my lips into a thin line, "Yeah, I guess that's it then," I tossed my hands up, "You summed it all up, so just forget it." I turned to walk off, but I felt his hand grasp my wrist stopping me.

"I'm sorry," He apologized and I turned to him, "I thought you felt the same about last night."

I raised a brow, "Who said I didn't?" He opened his mouth then shut it, which made me look down at his hand still holding onto my wrist, "I mean, I do feel that way. We can't do it again, even though it was just a kiss-"

"Why not?" He cut me off and I look at him, "Why can't I just grab your face right now and kiss you?" He asked and stepped closer to me, "Why do I have to fight my bloody urges?"

I swallow the lump in my throat, "Because of our friendship.."

"Fuck our friendship..." He mumbled, his face getting closer to me, the scent of nicotine and cheap cologne clouding my thoughts.

"I.." I pause, watching him lick his lips, "I'm-"

"A virgin?" He smirked when my face goes pale, grabbing my chin so I could meet his eyes, "Aren't we all?"

"That's not what I was going to say.." I trailed off, my heart raced so fast that you could practically hear it trying to jump out my chest. It was clear Marcus felt nothing toward me, so why should I stay stuck on him? It was a crush. Everybody has them.

Why can't I try this thing out with Lex? What's so wrong with Lex, besides his cursing, his overuse of cologne and gel to keep his hair up, that I couldn't start something with him?

Do I see myself with him in the long run? No, but that doesn't mean I can't mess around with him now- well until this Marcus thing blows over. Why not?

"Do you?" I heard Lex ask and I noticed that I tuned out.

"Huh?"

He chuckled lightly and raises his hand to move my hair behind my ear before going down to my neck, smirking at the hickey, "I didn't know I did that much damage."

I then look away, "It was pretty dark."

I could feel him smirking at my words, "I liked kissing you last night, Brynn. God, you're like a bloody distraction for me to escape from this fucked up world." I glanced at him, his hands on my waist, suddenly pulling me closer. I let out a light yelp before he stood inches away from my face, "If you feel the same, come to my room tonight, alright?"

I hesitantly nod and he pecked my cheek before stepping away to go downstairs. I stood staring at where he was in front of me, my insides trying rebuild themselves up since I felt it all sink earlier. I then glance back at the door, seeing that he's already gone.

What the fuck am I getting myself into?