↳ twenty-six↴

"WHY SHOULD I help you guys?" Lex asked as we sat in his room.

"It's for the greater good." Billy stayed and Lex looked at all of us.

"It's a pass." He simply said and I roll my eyes.

"A hard pass." Petra added.

I let out a huff, "And why is that?" I asked and he looked at me for a long moment. He knew the real reason why and so did I. I was the reason he didn't want to go through with this mission.

Marcus eyed us before speaking, "If we don't stop Chester and get Chico's head, the cartel-"

"The cartel will kill her," Petra said, before motioning toward Marcus, "And the serial killer will kill you. Everyone will die. We get it."

"So why won't you help?" Billy asked, stepping foreword.

"Help the looney bird who almost castrated me?" Lex questioned, going around the room, "Help the girl who cheating on me, and help the fucker she cheated on me with?" We all glance at one another, but my eyes stay glued on Lex as he sat back in his bed and shrugged, "I think I'll enjoy my bloody Christmas break. I've got a plane ticket and a pint with my name on it."

"We need you," I told him and he glanced up at me as I crossed my arms when he stayed silent, "Lex, stop being so fucking petty and-"

Saya hit my side and I wince as she spoke, "What she is trying to say is please."

"This is the guy who cut up Marcus?" Petra asked and Lex hit her arm.

"No, stop letting this madness into your head, Petra." He then looked up at us, "Go ruin someone else's holiday."

I scoff, "Whatever." It's been some time now since we spoke to each other and he still held a grudge which made me sort of mad, and though I can understand why he's like that, it's not only me who's life is on the line for this.

Marcus stands up and walks over to the door, "Come on guys, let's go. You were right, Saya, he's all bark. I thought he wanted to change the world with a bullet."

"More of a figure of speech, mate." Lex simply told him.

"Right, so it's all talk." Saya inquired.

"You always talked a lot about the good that you wanted to do with what you've been taught here- someday." I tell him, "Don't tell me that's a figure of speech too."

He meets my eyes again, but turned his attention to Marcus, "There is no one who deserves a bullet more than that monster we're about to face. If you are as good as you say you are, put your money where you loud fucking mouth is and put the past behind you. Help us."

Lex stood silent so I shake my head to myself and grab the doorknob. I turn it open, but the sound of his voice makes me let it go, "I know a bloke." I turn toward him as he continued, "And I will leave the past in the past if," He then eyed me and gave a smirk before looking at Marcus, "I could punch you once."

"Lex, are you serious?" I asked and he shrugged, standing up.

"It's only one punch to get back at all of you treachery." He explain and Marcus looks back at me and nods.

"Fine, but not too-" Before Marcus could finish, Lex punched him square in the jaw by surprise, having him stumble back into my arms.

Lex then let out a victorious sigh and fixed his leather jacket, "I feel better now. Let's go, shall we?"

I look down at Marcus and he meets my gaze, "You good?"

He nods a little and I push him off of me so he could stand back up. When he got his balance, he rubbed his jaw, "So we're good now?"

Lex hummed, "Yeah, we're good, but if you guys don't mind, I'd like to speak to Brynn alone now."

They leave the room, but Marcus hesitantly leaves, trying to watch me and see if I needed any saving, so I give him a nod to leave too. I close the door behind them and lean against it, keeping my distance, "How have you been?"

"Managing through," He shrugged, "You?"

"I'm okay." I simply tell him, and he nods, "So, what's up?"

"Uh, I wanted to apologize for my ways recently. I've been acting a bit childish by ignoring you and what I said about you cheating on me. I didn't mean to blurt it out like that." He apologized and I rock on my heels.

"I'm sorry too. I got us into this mess and I can't get us out of it. I regret hurting you the way I did and how I chose to handle it with lying and pretending like everything was fine." I explained, "We were really good together and I fucked that up really badly, so I understand if you don't want to be friends."

"We can work our way up there. And we can talk more about after we kill this little fucker," He assured and I couldn't help but give a small smile when he held out his arms to me, "Come here."

I rush into his arms and felt them wrap tightly around me. It felt like it was when we started out being together, just comforting hugs and late night talks about whatever crossed our minds. Though now, instead of the need of lust, I just feel comforted and a friendship that I didn't know needed in a very long time.

I nuzzle my head in his chest and inhale his scent of cigarettes and cheap cologne, "I really missed you, Lex- I missed moment like these- were I just need someone who knows me that I can talk to."

I feel his chin rest on the top of my head, his height trumping mine. He gives my a little squeeze and sighed before rubbing my back gently, "I've missed this too, Brynn."