第18章

"Master, before the eighth prince left he started visiting the Chen manor and had been seen getting close to the Chen Manor's eldest miss, Chen Jing Yi." Guang Da reported.

"Chen Jing Yi?"

"Yes, she was recently retrieved back by the Old Chen because she would soon be at a marriageable age."

"Keep a close eye on her." With Fu Yue Long's word, Guang Da disappeared into the darkness leaving him all alone.

His hands were clenched up as his breathing were slightly erratic. Hearing the name Jing Yi caused him to felt a sense of familiarity, not the soothing kind but the dangerously familiar kind. As though his guts are telling him to be wary of her.

Fu Hao Ming pointed at the map in front of him, "I heard that Fodore would be transporting salt and selling them illegally right here. We will hide here," he pointed at the east and west of the area.

"Wei Yi, i'm only telling you this i hope it will remain a secret. Absolutely no one else must know about this, the soldiers will only be known that we are fighting off some bandits. Understood?" Hao Ming asked.

"Yes captain!" Wei Yi saluted and left the holding tent.

Yuan Ze who was hiding came out, "He's the last guy we suspected, lets hope it is not him. After all he was the one that had trained and fought with us the longest." Hao Ming said, although the glint in his eyes proved that he had already seen through him.

"Why bother lying to yourself, your highness. Once we have sufficient evidence, your highness can return and accompany Miss Jing Yi" Yuan Ze reminded Hao Ming of the reasons why he need to wrap this up quickly.

"Right, check if they had actually been secretly recruiting soldiers. Soldiers who have been abandoned after a war are usually the easiest to get ahold of. Make sure to eradicate all that crosses our boarder"

Fu Hao Ming hardened his heart, this soldiers although had already been defeated they are now no longer with a leader and are lost. Those with vengeful sprits may turn and attack with another rising troop.

If they happened to fall under Fu Yue Long, then it won't be long before he forcefully removes the Emperor from his seat.

A few days later, the soldiers headed out towards the YouLing Forest where the said salt transaction would happen. Yet they had waited till the evening without any sign of Fodore.

"Could the information be wrong?" Wei Yi asked.

"No." Fu Hao Ming said coldly.

"LET US RETURN!" He shouted loudly for all to listen as he jumped on his horse and rode back to their tents. He hadn't wanted to believe but what is there to not believe.

"Have someone throw him into the prison we made. Further notice will be made later on." Hao Ming said coldly.

"Have you found out who was the one that had inform us about Yue Qing?"

"Yes. It was Eldest young miss Jing Yi." Yuan Ze replied softly.

How would she know?

"Leave me" Yuan Ze bowed before he left the room.

Fu Hao Ming slowly shut his eyes as he rubbed his eyes, its been a long day and he barely have found much evidence. Where could he find the connections between Fu Yue Long and Fodore?

Moreover he was getting anxious after not seeing Jing Yi for such a long time. The heat in him was killing him, and the only salvation was her cold body.

"My Jing Yi..." He groaned softly and yearningly.

Jing Yi slowly got up from bed as she looked at the dark sky. She walked out towards her window as she stared at the magnolia tree in front of her. She would've turned back to rest, but she saw some black men running on the roof of Wei house.

Wei house?

Jing Yi then remembered the Wei family was strongly against the sixth prince from getting the throne or the position of the crown prince. They had long knew about his schemes because they had tried to poach him over. But his heart was always loyal to his majesty.

Not only that, the Wei family was also one of the biggest general family. They had gotten some information about the illegal transaction between Fu Yue Long and the Bei clan people. Fu Yue Long had found out about this and made people retrieve the evidence and to also plant new evidence.

What can i do?

She quickly changed out of her lady's wear before changing into a simple dark moveable one piece and sneaked out of the Manor. Only to be met face to face with another men in black.

As her sensitive nose catches up on the familiar scent, she raised her brows. "Fu Hao Ming?" she called out.

"Why are you out here?" he asked, as he looks at her up and down.

"You shouldn't be here! Fodore plans on escaping, go back and catch him. He is near YouLing forest, also be discrete about it." Jing Yi said as he rushed him off.

"Wait for me. I'll be back soon" She very subtly nodded, seeing her acknowledgement he felt overjoyed. He stole a quick kiss before he quickly left for YouLing forest.