第26章

Important. (I have been missing here on wattpad due to my preparation for my upcoming major examinations on October. I will still be on Hiatus until November when my examinations end. Please enjoy this chapter and wait for me to come back:3)

Hao Ming sat on his seat with Jing Yi nestled between his arms, their position was very intimate with a loving aura surrounding them. Jing Yi's head was rested on his chest as she played with the tassels hanging on Hao Ming's belt, looking extremely innocent like.

Jing Yi deliberated for a while before she turned and looked at Hao Ming, "You no longer need to find more evidence, i have evidence of him slowly and secretly taking money out of the nation treasury, not only that he had intercepted a messenger and bought him over to his side and has a secret business with the Bei's.

Now all you have to do is to prove and show to the emperor that Fu Yue long has the intention to overthrow him and take the throne."

"If that's the case, then wouldn't the Crown Prince still take the throne?" Fu Hao Ming asked, he had tried to be understanding and live harmoniously with his brothers but it seemed no matter how hard he tried to distance away... they would still look at him as a threat.

"I've thought it through, Hao Ming you are suited to be on the throne but-" Jing Yi paused as she pointed a finger above his heart. "You do not have the heart to be one. You put relations and feelings above all else, you care too deeply for your family and loved ones. The harsh reality is that, those on the throne have to put away their feelings and put the citizen and country first and i do not wish to ruin you for my selfish hatred."

She paused for a while before she put on a light hearted smile, "when the time is right, i'll tell you okay? About everything."  Behind the light hearted smile, in those eyes, Hao Ming could see the pain deep within. He lightly caressed her head, as he nodded. He had already waited for a while now, it wouldn't kill him to wait longer.

He would not force or pressure her into telling him the things she kept close to heart, all he will do is silently wait for her to finally be able to open up about these things to him.

"It's fine, i do not want to be the king anyways. We can... buy a house near the Gaonan forest and live a happy life there, our kids can run in the greenery where we can see them from our little house. All i want is to live a simple and fulfilling life with you." Hao Ming confessed, always baring himself in front of Jing Yi.

She could hear the sincerity in his voice and very much looked forward to the near future with him, yet she didn't know how much heart-break she'd receive very soon as well.

"Hao Ming, quickly return back to the capital and inform his majesty of your findings. There is still some time before-" Before Jing Yi could finished her sentence, Hao Ming subordinate rushed in.

"I'm sorry for disturbing your highness, however we've received a secret letter from his majesty!" The guard cupped his hand before he took a piece of paper out from his sleeve and offered it over to Hao Ming.

They both looked at each other before Hao Ming got up and took the paper away from the guard and dismissed him. Hao Ming slowly flipped opened the paper and glance through the content. Jing Yi took a quick glance and she couldn't help but let out a sigh.

"As expected, he had made his move. They crown prince was not the best candidate but he was ultimately the most suitable amongst his majesty children. Your father," Jing Yi looked at Hao Ming, "he dotes and understands you a lot."

Hao Ming did not express much but he understood that deeply, his father although was cold on the surface but he knew that he cared deeply for him. If he showed any sign of his love, that would endanger Hao Ming's life so although he had yearned for his love, he understood that it was his fatherly love and duty that stopped him from showing any sign of doting.

"If we want to live a simple life together, then we must definitely assist the crown prince to successfully ascend the throne." Hao Ming said as his hand holding the letter crunched up.

"Yuan Ze!" Hao Ming called out, "Pass down my words that we will depart tomorrow morning. Everyone is to get ready to prepare to leave as soon as possible, as for that wench..."

"Just parade her in a cage, while stating her offences. Have a few of the guard to stay behind to deal with this, then have her locked up. We will send Imperial brother this gift later on." After giving out his orders, Yuan Ze left, sensing that Hao Ming was feeling slightly defeated at the imperial family she hugged him.

"You don't have to feel like this, everyone has craze for power and we can't stop it but once someone decided to harm the innocent for it then, he would deserve whatever that will come his way from then on. At least, in the future we wont be tangled by these situation." Jing Yi comforted. Hao Ming laid in her embrace as he deeply breathe in her scent, that always manages to sooth his worries.

"Let me send you back." He said and carried her bridal style as he jumped out of the tent and flew back to her Chen Manor. Reluctant to leave after sending her back to her room, but knowing that he had to respect her decisions more so now.

Hao Ming lightly kissed her forehead, "little fox good night" his eyes showed reluctance, respect and happiness. They all say, the eyes are the window to your soul, hence she felt extremely warm hearted and moved when she saw the respect he displayed to her.

Shyly grabbing his hands, "D-don't go, stay for the night."