第31章

It wasn't long before the news of the fallen princes spread throughout the country, one dying a heroic death and one dying with a fallen reputation. Jing Yi slowly awaken from her slumber without hearing any rumors she had already knew, that her gallant knight had fallen leaving her behind. She felt like she was made a fool of, how could she think that she could alter fate like that.

It was already an unbelievable miracle for her to have been reborn and yet she thought that someone like herself would have the ability to change the destined fate of others and ruin the predestined life of others. 

Without knowing, tears had fallen down her eyes and slowly it turned into heavier sobs. The pain she felt was as unbearable as the time she got betrayed by Fu Yue Long, it was even more painful. In both her life, it was the same man that had destroyed her life. Killing Hao Ming was equivalent to killing her when she had decided to pour all her affection and trust into Hao Ming.

"Jing Yi..." Chen Yu called out, a crack in his voice as he listened to the painful sobs that she tried to surpass.

Her heart felt so achingly painful, her screams were silents, her breath was gone she clutched tightly onto her chest as she gasped for air painfully. Thinking why again and again. Unable to handle Jing Yi's painful sobs, Chen Yu pushed open the door and walked over to Jing Yi. He decisively pulled her up and hugged her tightly.

Slowly feeling the wetness of his clothes from her tears, "Chen Yu GeGe, why? Why did it have to happen to me time and time again?!" she asked hoarsely.

Chen Yu had no answers for his pitiful sister as he just offered his presence, in hopes that his precious sister could get herself up soon. Yet weeks have passed, and slowly a month have passed but her health was just deteriorating. She had ate lesser and lesser, her appetite was close to none. Had Chen Lao Ye not begged for her to eat something, one can only fear she would have passed on. 

Her constant nausea and vomiting had caused the Chen family to be in great distress as she was also not eating anything. After many rounds of persuasion from Chen Yu and Chen Lao Ye she finally allowed them to call for a physician to come check up on her. However, she had decided to go along with it because she had her suspicions. 

Very quickly, an imperial physician was sent to their homes by the emperor he very efficiently took Jing Yi's pulse and was taken aback. He who was a close aid for the emperor was both joyous and worried at this new news he had attained. It was known throughout the kingdom that Jing Yi and Hao Ming's love was so deep that she was failing in her health after his death.

Hence, he was very assertive that the baby in her tummy was of the royal blood, and the baby of Fu Hao Ming. The treasured prince of the emperor even if it was not shown to the world. 

"Congratulation Chen Lao Ye! Your daughter is pregnant!" The words of the physician had bought about a series of reaction. 

Shock, disbelieve, happiness and lastly salvation. 

Jing Yi's face immediately light up as her hands slowly made their way towards her belly, lightly caressing her baby as she remembered that this was the last proof she have of her love with Hao Ming and the last chance god have given to her. 

Her baby would be the new motivation for her to carry on with life as she carry on the dreams of her beloved man. Even if he could not be there physically, he could be there spiritually. 

"Isn't that wonderful Jing Yi? Now you have to live on so that the baby between you and Hao Ming can live on" Chen Yu said happily, the details between man and woman shall be forgotten as long as his sister could find a motivation to continue living.

"Yes Jing Yi, we will take care of the baby and you. We can all move away and live a peaceful quiet life like you deserved..." Chen Lao Ye added. He had really ill-treated this beloved daughter of his time and time again. Having her suffer without her father and close family by her side, and having her suffer after he brought her back home thinking he could provide her a better life.

However, the conversation was alarming to the physician who was a close aid of the emperor. What would happen had they just secretly left with a royal baby? He got to hurry back and inform the emperor of this!

Taking the time when everyone was emotional, the physician quickly slipped away to hurry inform the emperor.