第32章

"Your majesty, the Imperial physician requested for a meeting." The eunuch announced.

The emperor had his head resting on his hands, the dark circle under his eyes were prominent as he slowly opened his eyes. Waving his hands tiredly, he allowed the entry of the physician.

The imperial physician, Huo Gu, immediately kowtowed to the emperor. "Congratulation Your Majesty!" He said with his head bowed. The majesty furrowed his brows as confusion and slight anger surfaced in his eyes.

"The eighth prince have a descendant! Chen Lao Ye's daughter is pregnant with the eighth prince child!" Huo Gu quickly announced as he looked up at the emperor. The child could have really been the salvation that the heaven has blessed this kingdom with.

"T-this must be kept a secret! Have someone secretly send over the best tonics, Zhen had heard that Miss Chen had been so devastated that she almost lost her life we need to get her health back on track!"

The eunuch beside the emperor cupped his hands as he hurried off to complete the instruction given to him by the emperor.

"Huo Gu, you should go reside in the Chen Manor and take care of Miss Chen."

"Yes, Your Majesty." With that, he withdraw from the room and immediately started his preparations.

In the Chen Manor, Jing Yi had finally started becoming more human. Previously she would just laid in her room, starring at nothing living day by day like that. Even eating would have to take many rounds of persuasion before she would even touch the food.

"Si Yun..." Jing Yi called weakly.

Si Yun who had been attending to Jing Yi since the day she had arrived here had formed a bond and it really hurt her seeing her miss like this. As though she was a living doll, and finally she called for her again.

"Yes miss?!" She asked eagerly.

"Bring...me food" She said slowly as though she had no strength left.

"Y-YES IMMEDIATELY!" Si Yun said excitedly as she rushed out to quickly inform the kitchen to make nutritious food that are easy to swallow for the miss.

Jing Yi looked at her belly as she smiled, looking as though she was an all knowing god. "Yu Lan, how happy your daddy would be if he had known you're a girl? Knowing him, he would've have said something like 'it would be nice if our baby is a girl, she can be as pretty as her mummy and i can pamper both of you'."

If one had walked in, how hurt would they have been? The image of her caressing her tummy with a smile yet tears were streaming down her cheeks was such a heartbreaking scene.

Si Yun who was on her way back to her miss' room stumbled upon the imperial physician and the king's eunuch. "Tell his majesty that i would definitely take care of the miss' health and her baby. I would definitely protect the baby, and not let them escape with the baby"

Huo Gu, had his own self righteousness mixed with his own selfishness. He had forgotten to ask about his majesty feeling about this and stepped on it himself like it was righteously his duty.

Si Yun who heard this became really angry as she quickly rushed back to her miss' room to warn her miss.

"Miss!-" Si Yun had actually wanted to inform her miss about it but her miss had only just started getting back on her feet, she couldn't find it in her to break this news and cause unrest to her miss.

"The food is arriving." She smiled as she relayed the news. In her small head, she was thinking of what should she do. She did not want to turn to Master Chen and Young Master Chen because having been by her miss side she knew Jing Yi does not rely on them.

She treats them as family but she had always maintained certain distance. Then she recalled the little gang of friends that Jing Yi had. They are always plotting and sharing information together. And miss seem to really trust them.

Jing Yi saw the expression on Si Yun face as she more or less could guess what happened. If she who had lived two lifetimes not understand the circumstances then she must be really naive and stupid.

"Si Yun, go request a meeting with them here." Si Yun who had her thoughts wrecked open, was extremely flustered but she nodded her head and walked out dazed.

Somewhere, someone opened their eyes.