第34章

Very quickly everyone started doing their part, Yu Jiao had sent some of their soldiers to 'scout' the area due to some reports of wild beast appearing. Hui Ying had sent some workers to build the place, it is not a very big house but it can fit Jing Yi and her baby, maybe another man and another baby too.

'just in case' was her thought.

Jing Yi on the other hand have been pampered dearly even more so now that she is pregnant. Every night along with her normal meal, she would have a bowl of tonic accompanied with her meal. Slowly but surely, she gained back her weight.

"Yu Lan, your aunts are all forgetting about me and only caring about you" Jing Yi said teasingly as she caress her tummy.

"Yu Lan? You're so sure it'll be a baby girl?" Hui Ying asked.

"Of course" After two months, Jing Yi's condition has definitely gotten better but often times Si Yun would see Jing Yi sitting in the backyard starring off.

"Your belly is really starting to show" Ling Ling addressed.

"Shall we make a few new dresses for you?" Luo Ying suggested excitedly.

"Then it can also be sold in our shops. The material should be thicker, and flow-y. Wearing so many layers could be daunting for the pregnant lady, so a slightly thick material that can do the trick should he popular!" Yu Jiao said.

Life right now, for Jing Yi, could be said to be perfect and calming. The girls talked for a few more hours before they left, when everyone left Jing Yi seem to have slumped back into her emotional phrase.

"oh?" She smiled as she looked down at her tummy feeling a kick, forgetting about her previous thoughts as she caressed her tummy lovingly. This baby was definitely a salvation given to her by god for doing her so dirty in both of her lives.

Very quickly, the construction of the hut in Gaonan Forest is completed. Although, Jing Yi could not look at it just yet due to her very big belly and is under strict probation. That aside, she had a feeling that they baby inside of her is.. well, she know she can definitely handle it.

YiYue, their shop officially opened and very quickly got popular amongst the rich and even the poor. Their side business were also slowly gaining more recognition from the underworld. The design and functionality was a very novel idea. While Jing Yi was cooped up at home she decided to design a few more hanfus.

At this point she was about to be due in two weeks time, yet what she didnt expect to happen happened. The imperial guard started surrounding their house, this had gotten Chen Laoye infuriating. He understood that this baby was of royal blood, however they had not needed to do something like this.

Even if he had been close friends with the Emperor, he was clearly fighting against him now. "What is the meaning of this?" Chen Laoye asked the head guards.

"The emperor instructions, his majesty said that we are to protect the unborn prince." Although his words were put nicely, how can Chen Laoye not understand what the emperor mean.

"What unborn prince? This is my grandchildren, he or she belong to my chen family. My beloved daughter is of the Chen!" Chen Laoye argued in his anger.

"Prime Minister chen!" The head guard stared at him in shock,

"His majesty have instructed that the baby whether is the eighth prince baby will be be adopted into the royal family! His majesty had also said, to take down anyone who do not abide to his words"

"What!? GET OUT GET OUT!" Chen laoye roared in anger, this baby was the only hope left for his daughter and his majesty wanted to steal the baby away from his daughter? The atrocity!

Very quickly, chen laoye was taken down by the guards. This had alarmed the guards of the house, and a fight had broke out. It seemed as though the Chen's had rebelled against the emperor. When Jing Yi had gotten the news of it she rushed out worried, Chen Yu was out at the moment and her father is getting on his age.

When she arrived she saw that her father was on the ground being held down by some guards, while the Chen guards were fighting against the imperial guards. They could not have it lying down when their master was being mistreated.

"Dad!" she shouted gaining everyone's attention, everyone stopped and looked at her. She felt extreme anger towards their actions. She could understand the emperor's thoughts but this is her baby, hers. Her father although was an awkward father but she knew that he cares alot for her. Even if Chen Laoye wasnt her real father she had definitely developed love towards this tight knitted family.

The soldier were still holding Chen Laoye down, Jing Yi walked over in anger as she pushed them away. They didn't dare to protest against her as she was carrying the eighth prince's child. She helped Chen Laoye up, her hands on her waist as she reached her other hand out to him. As she helped chen lao ye up, she could feel liquid dripping down her thighs.

"C-Call the midwives!" Chen Laoye shouted in a hurry as he held onto Jing Yi.

Before long, the news that the emperor had forced Chen Jing Yi into labor was spread throughout the kingdom, this news also really quickly reach the ears of groups. They rushed over immediately, anxious and worriedly. There is a very high chance that the baby would not survive due being born prematurely...