第30章

The news concerning the Sixth Prince rebelling was very quickly spread all over the kingdom. Everything coming out of the folk's mouth were about Fu Yue Long and how such looks can be deceiving. It was finally peaceful again after his capture and the rain ceremony was finally about to begin.

According to legend, the chosen one had to participate in the rain calling ceremony for one week first, and hope that it rains. If it doesn't the praying and worshipping has to continue until a month. However, if after a month and there are still no rain that automatically rule the prince out as a ruler.

The crown prince was the chosen one, he had first went to wash his body and purify himself, before dawning a white common robe with only a simple wooden stick holding his hair up. In his arm, he held a bottle of purified water as he walked around the central of the kingdom chanting and spreading the water. After every 30 steps, he'd have to kowtowed to the heaven.

Whether it was a blessing or not, the third day after the start of the rain calling ceremony rain started pouring down. But, along with the rain a heavy slaughter had happened.

The Guang's had taken this time to invade and attacked the kingdom, where they were in the middle of their ceremony. The guards and soldiers that were on duty quickly rose to the frontline against such attackers. Amongst them, was none other than Fu Hao Ming. He had a sword in his hand as he slaughtered the enemies.

Very soon, the Guang's were outnumbered and started leaving. But all these felt oddly strange to Hao Ming, afterall had they been here to attack them 6000 soldiers would not have been enough for anything. Just as he had thought, a loud bell sound echoed throughout the kingdom signifying the escape of a highly guarded prisoner.

Hao Ming's grip onto the sword tightened as he galloped towards the fleeing army. When the news reached Jing Yi's ears she panicked. After all, such things had never ever happened before. But she suddenly recalled Fu Yue Long mentioning about a secret force helping him. But never mentioned who... and once there was a man with a strong Guang accent but that had happened only once so it was insignificant to her.

Now she felt like things were connected and that she had miscalculated. His ultimate last card is his strange connections with the Guang.

Hao Ming and his soldiers had chased the Guang all the way into the forest. The enemies side has slowly lowered in numbers, but so has his. He looked at the two figures on the horse in the middle, while being protected by the remaining soldiers.

"i didnt expect you'd continue chasing after us..." Fu Yue Long said as he pulled his hood down, with a cold smirk on his face.

"How are you connected to the Guang?" Hao Ming asked.

"HAHAHAHAHA. Could you believe that i am actually the lost prince of the Guang? My mother, a citizen of our kingdom, the queen of this kingdom, had bared another's son for his majesty.

and i am tasked a duty to take over the throne, and merge the two. Who knew you'd stand in my way time and time again!"

Hao Ming smiled, it really was a fortune that this bastard had nothing to do with him even in the slightest. Had he actually been related to him, he would, he might, try to advice him and give him a way out. But, it doesnt matter anymore.

All the burden on his shoulders seemed to have lifted as his grip on his sword tightened and another wave of adrenaline rushed through him. His moves are strong and assertive, it would have been a deadly slash had it slashed Fu Yue Long. One after another, the guards around them slowly dropped to the ground.

Leaving the top remaining, the cuts on Fu Yue Long was equally as bad as the cuts on Fu Hao Ming. Both swords drenched in blood, as they heaved deeply for breath as neither of them could let down their guards. Yet, in that moment everything seemed to have stopped.

His sword has finally managed to slash into the other's heart, yet one was falling of the cliff. Both were meant to not have a good ending. Before falling down the cliff, Fu Hao Ming could see the smirk in Fu Yue Long's face as he fell to the ground. Seemingly to be saying, even if i die, you're coming with me.

Then, flashbacks of times he had spent with Jing Yi flashed through his mind. The sly smile of hers, whenever she was plotting something. The embarrassed look of hers whenever he teased her, and the cute fluffy ears and tails she had shown him and only him. How their love tangled that night...

The smile on her face when she finally decided to put the past behind her and slowly move forward with him. Yet...

He was leaving her behind.

Alone.

"I'm sorry Jingyi" He whispered with tears in his eyes as his back hit the ground and a splatter of blood escapes his lips, and everything blacked out.

JingYi who had received the news that Hao Ming had joined the pursuit against Fu Yue Long, was waiting anxiously at home. She suddenly felt a sharp pain in her heart and she fainted. However, before she had fainted she could hear Hao Ming's apologetic voice, apologising to her.