第24章

QOTD: Are my readers good in Additional Math? I cant count for shiz

"What is a divine beast doing here in a lower realm?" His hissing voice sounded obnoxiously loud in the dead silent village. She visibly frowned, who would've thought that they would be so awfully close to Fu Hao Ming.

"And what is a demon doing here?" Jing Yi asked as she turned herself and stared into the darkness before a face slowly forms under the darkness. He smiled before he lightly shake his head and chuckled: "A smart lady, should not ask too much"

"Whatever you're planning I hope you'll remember the consequences, do not incur the heaven's wrath." Jing Yi do not have anything against the demons and witches, like every being, there are the goods and bads and she would not wish for the innocence to be innocently dragged into the senseless 'battle'.

"Your wise words shall be deeply engraved in my mind. Let me offer you my wise words, the goods are here, do not believe everything you hear and see. Looks can be deceiving." With that, he disappeared into the darkness.

Fully understanding his words, she felt slight relief in her heart. In the first place, she was confused because she had heard that the evil cult between the witches and demons was completely destroyed, yet why had they decided to come cause havoc on the mortal realm.

Now, she understood.

Jing Yi quickened her pace as she slipped passed the guards and soldiers and straight into his room. Upon seeing his back, and remembering the words she had heard from Hui Ying a slight irritable feeling arouse from her heart.

"My beautiful Jing Yi, how i miss you so much." His voice carrying a light teasing tone, Jing Yi blushed slightly then realized he had probably already knew she was here and thus said such embarrassing sentence.

"Miss me? Yet, he had went ahead and claim that women" Jing Yi whispered, clearly knowing that Hao Ming would've heard that. In a state of panic, he turned around, face solemn as he walked over with big strides.

"Jing Yi, you mustn't listen to nonsense rumours!" Panic evident in his eyes. Seeing the obvious doubt in her eyes he blurted out: "I only love you!" Her cheeks glowed as she looked at his nervous and scared expression, he took another smaller step towards her and held both of her small dainty hands in his.

Hao Ming seriously said: "Even if i want to eat someone, it'll definitely be you." Jing Yi bit her lips as her heart rate kept increasing, how... how could one be so shameless when they had did something wrong.  The tingly feeling of her ears and tails growing out irks her, it almost felt as though it was only him who had such control over her body.

Footsteps.

"Your highness, is everything okay?" The guard outside had heard something inside and had asked to ensure nothing was going on. Hao Ming must've lost his hearing when he got lost in her eyes, the guard outside had his hands on his sheath as he slowly walks in.

His footsteps extremely quick, Hao Ming realises it and grabbed onto Jing Yi as he hugged her and had his back facing the door. "Wrap your hands around my waist, so that he wont come in." he said softly.

Slightly panicking due to her ears and tails, she immediately did as she was told. A light sneaky smile appears on Hao Ming face as he looked down at her slightly worried face, so naively adorable.

"Ahem, w-where's his highness... i DIDN'T see anything!" He stutters as he dashed out. Hao Ming used his index finger as he lightly played with her white furry ear, Hao Ming looked down at Jing Yi and saw that she had clung onto his top tightly as her eyes were shut.

Brows slightly furrowed as she bit down on her lips, when she opened her eyes they were watering, "S-stop" she slightly moaned out. Hao Ming was frozen stiff, his hand was hung in the air, her doey eyes, watery and her quivering lips, his throat felt dry...

Jing Yi quickly escaped from his hold and sped walk towards his seat, and sat on it. Quickly calming down, she took a deep breath as she looked straight into his eyes. "Things are not looking good for your royal family." She said solemnly.

so stop teasing me! she added in her head.

"What could be more important than you?" Hao Ming asked as he walked towards her. Jing Yi felt as though she had about to almost lose her mind and kill him when he lightly chuckled.

"I'm sorry. You were saying" He urged.

"You must quickly settle the issue on Fu Yue Long" the way she had said his name was full of utter hatred. He recalled back to the festival night, what exactly happened between them two?

"Jing Yi, why..." Hao Ming paused slightly, does he really want to know? She blinked her eyes, pretending she was unsure what he was trying to ask about. He knew she was pretending with a glance, and she knew she was caught the second she tried to act.

Yet neither of them continued from this, the only thoughts that came out from Hao Ming was to,

Kill him.