foreword

[ an au ]

Zayn has known Harry for his entire life. Harry has known Zayn for his entire life. Zayn is the only consistent thing Harry has ever known. Living right next door to each other, spending cottage weekends together with their families, and having bedroom windows right across from each other: Harry has never known anything else.

Harry doesn't understand nor realize how important this really is to him until he comes out and Zayn gets a girlfriend.

Suddenly everything is different. To Harry at least. Soon, Harry has to sort out his priorities, friends, feelings. While still maintaining his lifelong friendship with Zayn.

He's oblivious to two things:

1) Zayn looks at him like he's the northern lights

2) Harry might just be feeling more than a friendship with Zayn

Their summer is spent in Harry's bedroom, the lake, the field behind their high school, Zayn's backyard pool.

And most importantly, burning bridges they never knew they built.

[ All your summer love story clichés wrapped in one ]

Author's Note: I hope everybody is having a splendid New Year. I've decided to come back, I was hit with a sudden rush of inspiration and I just had to get this down in a document.

I don't think I've ever written a consistent ultimate cliché story. So I've decided to put my own little twist on a basic ass summer love story. Before you say it, god yes! This shit is so overdone, but I was just really with it when it came to this idea and I felt like I needed to make it a reality.

ANYWAYS! This is the point where I stop explaining myself, introduce myself and thank anybody who has come back from previous stories.

So hello! My name is Alexis. Nice to meet you. If you're back, nice to see you again, I've missed you. Thank you so much for coming back to deal with my inconsistent ass.

Hopefully, this goes as planned.

~ Alexis

started: january 27th 2019 // finished: september 4th 2019

song used in the place of chapters: rollercoaster by bleachers