it was such a rollercoaster

The boys' last two weeks had passed by like no other, leaving Harry in a house that was no longer his, filled to the brim with boxes taped up and ready to go, and Zayn in a house next door that he knew would be his forever home.

Harry had spent his last days biking around town with Zayn, getting ice cream, starting the hot days underneath the bleachers and ending them in Zayn's arms, with sometimes just a little more.

Flash to Harry's last night, with Zayn on his bed toying with the tape on the last box that needed to be packed and Harry, stood in front of his mirror adjusting his outfit.

Zayn's red shorts and a white t-shirt tucked in at the front. He had worn this before, on a night that was now engraved in his mind like some sort of coming of age.

"I love you in my shorts," Zayn whispered from the bed, his eyes watching Harry's face through the mirror. "You should keep them,"

"Keep them?" Turning around, Harry scoffed, shaking his head. "You wear them much better than me,"

"Then take my Nikes," Zayn said swiftly. "I have two pairs,"

With sarcastic yet hopeful eyes, Harry smiled. "The new ones?"

"Whichever ones you want," Zayn said softly. "You can take me with you if you want,"

His eyes had fallen and his voice was rushed and quiet with this last phrase. It was as if he wanted Harry to hear, but regardless, wasn't ready to admit it.

"Sorry?" Harry questioned, turning around and walking towards Zayn.

"I said you can take me with you if you want," he repeated quickly.

Chuckling, Harry shook his head. "Zayn," he whispered before bending down just a tad to connect their lips.

"What?" Zayn shrugged once the two had parted, Harry now sat beside him running a cautious hand up and down his boyfriend's thigh.

"I don't know how you want me to respond to that," Harry said softly. "I'm just trying not to fuck up our day,"

Sealed with another kiss, Zayn padded his thumb across Harry's cheek. "You're not fucking up our day," he said. "It's just reality now,"

"We can stay up as late as you want. You can stay the night. We can do whatever you want to do after Niall's party, yeah?" Harry spoke. "We don't have to end tonight if you don't want to,"

Watching Harry, Zayn sucked on his bottom lip, something unreadable shining through his eyes. After a moment, he opened his mouth.

"Are you not sad?" he asked seriously.

"What kind of question is that?"

"Exactly what I said. You're just acting too happy,"

"Because I'm here with you now," Harry replied. "Do you want me to wallow in sadness during our last moments?" he said mockingly, a cheeky grin upon his lips.

With an eye roll and a slight smirk, Zayn kissed Harry again, enough for Harry to sink into his lips. "I want to stay the night, yeah?"

The Ferrero Rocher was coming back to Harry. With a hint of pins and needles. "Yeah?" Harry's cheeks tinted pink with his response.

"Yeah," Zayn's lips were finding their way down Harry's neck, leaving its soft touch on his favourite spots.

Closing his eyes, Harry took in the feelings. The goosebumps, the butterflies, the pins and needles buried deep within every spot Zayn's fingertips landed on. He could stay here forever. And he did stay there has long as he could, enough to feel Zayn's fingers finding their way beneath his waistband, just before he phone rang.