some killer queen you are

"Niall's got this massive ass keg," Liam said after spooning a mouthful of vanilla ice cream into his mouth. "He's so damn lucky,"

Louis nodded, pointing his spoon at Harry and Liam. "Thank God Niall's backyard is practically the woods," 

Annually, Niall threw quite massive summer ragers. His parents were always in the Hilton Head for July, so he had the house to himself for a month. Niall's house was positioned perfectly by the woods. His backyard was huge, stretching out right into the trees.

"Is he going to have the bonfire?" Harry questioned, sneaking a spoon of Louis' chocolate ice cream.

The three were sat in a booth at their local ice cream shop, Brewstone Creamery. Louis was sat beside Harry and Liam was across from the two.

"Hell yeah," Liam nodded happily. "Switch ice creams?"

The three rotated their little ice cream cups.

"Is Ni with his girl?" Louis spoke, looking at Liam and Harry who nodded.

Liam shot Louis a blank expression. "When is he not with Jade?" 

"You're right," Louis smiled.

Harry could feel the table shake as Louis kicked Liam's foot gently underneath the table. Liam's cheeks grew pink.

Turning to Harry, Louis pointed his spoon."Where's your best friend, huh?"

Earlier, Harry had invited Zayn to come out with him, Louis and Liam but Zayn insisted he was busy. Harry found that he cared a bit too much when Zayn couldn't hang out.

It was always like this.

Harry scoffed, taking another spoon of Liam's chocolate ice cream. "He's at home,"

"No, no," Liam shook his head. "Wasn't he gonna call that blonde girl? What's her name..?"

"Perrie!" Louis clapped, laughing. "Oh God, Zayn can dream,"

Harry looked down at the table, inhaling deeply. "Leave him alone you two," he said softly.

"Why?" Louis exclaimed mockingly. "Because he completely ditched us to make a phone call to his girl, huh?"

"Whoa," Harry interjected, interrupting Liam and Louis' laughs. "She's not his girl,"

Immediately Harry regretted it. His tone had come off a bit too aggressive. But maybe he meant it that way? But why should he care anyway? It's Zayn's business, not his. 

"Styles, whoa!" Liam put his spoon down and his hands up in defence. "I'm so sorry Zayn isn't just yours anymore,"

Harry leaned across the table and hit Liam in the arm. "Shut up mate,"

"Liam has a point," Louis chuckled, after watching the playful fight go down. "Let him live,"

Frowning, Harry turned his body to Louis. "Are you crazy?" 

"No?" Louis squinted his eyes.

"Who said I didn't let him live? I just said that Perrie wasn't his girl,"

"But you're so damn protective over him lad," Louis said plainly. "He's a big boy you know,"

Louis spoke so casually as if it wasn't a big deal.

Which it wasn't, was it?

This still triggered Harry. As Harry went to open his mouth, Liam spoke.

"Okay, okay. Next subject," he said, watching Harry cautiously.

Harry exhaled, sitting farther away from Louis on purpose.