we took the bones out from the road

Harry opened his front door to David, wearing blue jeans and a white t-shirt with a little rose in the left corner.

He looked adorable, Harry couldn't lie. With his white socks and his black Old Skool Vans.

"Hi," Harry smiled, pulling David inside and pressing a long kiss onto his lips. "You look cute,"

Blushing, David looked down at his outfit. "Thank you. I thought you'd like it,"

"Well, you were correct," Harry spoke, still smiling as he began up the stairs, David pulling his shoes off in a hurry and running to catch up with Harry.

Before they could get up the stairs, David pulled Harry's waist turning him around, kissing him more.

"You're returning the favour today?" David whispered against Harry's lips before Harry pulled away with a smirk running upstairs to his room, David following behind him in a hurry.

"Not like I haven't returned the favour already," Harry spoke, sitting back on his bed watching David close his door.

Hurriedly, David pulled his shirt off and got on his knees in front of Harry, reaching up to kiss him hard, one more time before beginning to fumble with Harry's zipper.

"You're so fucking slow," Harry smirked, lifting his hips and sliding his shorts off of his legs, throwing them onto the side of the bedroom.

"I'm sorry!" David looked at Harry with a soft smile. "You don't want me to go slow?"

Harry shook his head. "No, no," and with that, David stood up and pushed Harry back against his bed, pinning his arms over his head.

Smirking, David whispered against Harry's neck, "Then I'll go slow," while leaving his mark all over Harry's neck.

"No, fuck!" Harry sighed, leaning his head back as David teased up his chest and between his thighs. Immediately, Harry closed his eyes, his breathing picking up and his voice telling David to go all the way.

"Hm," David stood up, Harry sitting up as well.

Huffing, Harry played with his sheets. "Hm, what?"

"Take your shirt off," David instructed, and Harry obliged immediately.

"You're not gonna tell me what to do," he frowned, after throwing his shirt to where his shorts were.

"You just listened to me,"

Ignoring, Harry got on his knees and pulled David's jeans down to his ankles, bringing his hands to the spot where David needed Harry most.

David sucked in a breath whilst Harry played his fingers on David's calves, between David's thighs and up to his hips.

"Just do it," David spoke, looking down at Harry who shrugged and stood up, facing David.

Smiling, Harry looked between David's eyes and lips. "Now you know how I feel,"

"My god," David breathed, grabbing Harry's hips pulling Harry's body into his, kissing Harry with practically everything he had in him.

Moaning against David's lips, Harry moved his body with David's almost tipping over the edge.

Harry was there, in his moment like he always was with David. He was thinking that just maybe he'd be alright.

Maybe he can do things without Zayn for a change.

His mind was swarming of all things but Zayn, that is, until his phone started ringing.

"Is it important?" David questioned, moving his lips down Harry's neck once again.

Wiggling out of David's grip Harry shrugged. "I don't know," he walked over to his nightside table and flipped his phone around to see Zayn's name.

"Important?" David asked once again, getting on his knees in front of Harry, playing his hands on Harry's body.

"Kind of," Harry smiled a little as the phone continued ringing in his hand.

Hopefully it was important. This had to be something.

"Then pick it up quick," David looked up at Harry while toying with his waistband, Harry sighing impatiently and accepting the call.

"Hello?" he spoke, eyeing David who was trying to pull his boxers off.

"Harry," Zayn answered, breathless through the phone. "I'm so fucking pissed,"

Harry looked back down at David who was getting closer and closer.

"I- Uh... What's up?" Harry questioned, withholding his breathing as David pressed his lips down Harry's thighs.

Zayn took another breath. "We broke up," he said.

Harry's jaw dropped. David looked at him like he was crazy.

"Shit," Harry stepped away from David, pulling his boxers up.

Raising his hands, David looked at Harry, confused. "What happened?" he whispered and Harry mouthed "One second," in response.

"She's a bitch," Zayn yelled. "She's a whole bitch! I don't know how we stayed together that long, I don't know how Jade didn't yell at her when she supposedly apologized!"

"Whoa," Harry sat down on his bed. "What even happened?"

Well, Harry knew what had happened. Him and Perrie have been having an ongoing fight over the LGBTQ+ community, Perrie always opposing and Zayn, basically putting up with her bullshit. This has been going on for a week now.

"You know we've been fighting. And at the lake, I told her we shouldn't date and she told me to fuck off and that's when she drove off," Zayn laughed a little, still breathless as if he'd been running. Zayn's anger was radiating through the phone. "But anyways, today she came over and we had sex, but then she started talking about how I shouldn't be hanging out with you, she said the dumbest shit,"

Harry scoffed, eyeing David who stood in the middle of his room, half naked and confused.

"She doesn't want you hanging out with me? What'd she say?"

"Nope," Zayn was smiling now. Harry could tell. "She's fucking stupid. Don't worry about it, she's on some next level shit. I was looking at her like she was fucking delusional," he paused, evidently taking in a breath. "She thinks you're gonna 'take advantage of me' like Leigh supposedly did to her. She said you're in love with me. Lad, she's talking like she survived some serious shit. It's not that deep,"

This is when Harry's heart stopped in his chest. He could feel it sink so deep into his stomach. Everything he was feeling before had disappeared. It was like David wasn't even in the room.

"Then after that, she started saying a bunch of homophobic shit and that's when I realized I cannot stand her. If she was nice, I really think we could've lasted. But I'm glad it's over anyways. It's clear that we weren't meant to be with each other. I just don't know how I didn't figure out she was homophobic sooner," Zayn kept talking and David kept eyeing Harry.

And Harry?

His heart was pounding in his chest, he could only hear Zayn's seven words.

"She said you're in love with me,"

Fuck. Harry had never used the word love. Harry had never used the word love with anyone but his mother.

Love was such a word. Love meant everything. Love meant little moments, soft touches, endless desire, constant butterflies, your stomach regularly feeling so empty yet so full. Love was everything.

And Harry had never felt that. Ever.

Or maybe he's been feeling it his whole life.