now i'm running

"What a party boy," Zayn spoke softly as he opened his front door to Harry.

Harry smiled sheepishly and turned around giving Zayn the full view of his outfit, although it was quite basic. 

He was wearing a plain white t-shirt with red sunglasses hanging off of the collar and black skinny jeans with his white converse.

"You know what?" Zayn frowned, pointing at Harry's jeans. "Come with me,"

"These aren't good enough?" Harry questioned, pouting.

A smile grew on Zayn's lips as Harry came into his house. Closing the door behind him, Zayn shook his head. "You should show off your legs," 

Harry's eyes widened. What the fuck?

"Show off my legs?" he raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah," Zayn agreed. "Come," 

Harry followed Zayn up the stairs and to his bedroom where he grabbed his soft red shorts out of the closet and threw them at Harry.

Catching them, Harry looked at the shorts, then back at Zayn.

"Are you serious?" he joked, holding the shorts over his legs. "These?"

Zayn nodded firmly, leaning back on his bed with a smirk. "I am quite serious, Harry," 

"Fine," Harry shrugged. "Turn around, let me change into these,"

Harry had never said that before. There was something in his stomach telling him that Zayn should close his eyes. He didn't know why.

Zayn squinted his eyes in confusion. "It's nothing I haven't seen before,"

"Shut up," Harry shimmied out of his jeans, putting them to the side. That left him standing right in front of Zayn in his black, silver star covered boxers. 

Harry kept his gaze low, away from Zayn, but he could feel Zayn's eyes on him.

The entire time.

Harry pulled the red shorts up his ankles and past his thighs, straightening them, then looking at himself in the mirror.

Tucking a little bit of his t-shirt in, Harry could see Zayn's eyes through the mirror.

On the bottom half of Harry.

Nervous, he turned around and plastered on a smile. "Better?" he asked, giving Zayn another turn.

"Way better," Zayn said, his eyes glued to Harry's thighs.

Pins and needles.

"Well then. Let's go," Harry began out the door, Zayn quickly stopping him with a hand on his waist.

Harry turned around with a confused frown. "What?" 

"The tie," Zayn said quickly, pulling the white string hanging from the shorts, into a bow. "There,"

"Oh," Harry bit his bottom lip. "Thanks,"

"Let's go fucking party," Zayn pushed past Harry and beat him down the stairs.

Harry came behind Zayn at a slow pace, watching Zayn pull his new Nikes on.

"Zayn Malik wearing new shoes?" Harry observed sarcastically. "In what world?"

"Trying something different," Zayn smiled, inspecting the new Nikes after he had put them on.  

Harry slid his Converse on behind Zayn and opened the door. "Ready?"

"Yes yes," Zayn was giddy. Even though Harry knew the reason, he tried to ignore it.

The two walked up the driveway and to Mrs. Malik's minivan, the only car that was available to Zayn.