come a little closer

(*) minor, later on in the chapter

- refer back to chapter 'we were shotgun lovers' if needed

The room felt different when Harry woke up from his nap, nuzzled in Zayn's arms. Zayn's eyes were still shut, afternoon light shining over his face and his cheeks still rosy from their previous rendezvous.

Harry was ready to feel Zayn a million more times. Although he kind of hurt and wasn't ready to sit down directly on his bottom, he knew in his mind he wanted Zayn again. It was unlike any other feeling Harry had ever felt, continuous butterflies amongst every inch of his body.

Pins and needles. Everywhere.

As quietly as Harry could, he stood up and tip-toed over to the bathroom where he brushed his teeth. He watched himself in the mirror, examining his face. His cheeks were flustered, his eyes were bright and he had a stupid smile he just couldn't get rid of.

He didn't want to look stupid in front of Zayn, all while smiling like an idiot with cheeks red as a tomato. But he couldn't turn his mind off and god he was thinking about Zayn. His face, his body, how he felt.

But, he had to turn his mind off because it wasn't working out in his favour as he walked back to their bed, getting under the covers quietly before noticing Zayn had already been awake.

"Hi," he smiled, his hand nestled underneath his cheek, hair messy against his pillow.

"Hi," Harry responded, his cheeks flushing even more.

"How are you?" Zayn's voice was quiet, raspy and tired. But still so full of hope. "Does it hurt? Did I hurt you?"

Shaking his head, Harry inched closer to Zayn, so close that his eyes were now trying to focus Zayn's face like a camera. "God no," he said chuckling. "I mean, like... I can't sit down... But no, you didn't hurt me,"

Worry quickly shone over Zayn's eyes. "So I hurt you?"

"No," Harry sighed. "Can I tell you something?"

Taking his index finger along Harry's chin, Zayn nodded. "Anything,"

"It felt good," Harry whispered. "Really good,"

"Really?" Lighting up immediately, Zayn sat up withholding a grin.

Widening his eyes at him, Harry chuckled. "Yeah,"

Finally, with a grin, Zayn nodded. "Well shit! So I'm really good at this then?"

"Well, yeah," Sitting up as well, Harry cupped Zayn's face and kissed him gently. "You are,"

"Yeah?" Zayn kissed Harry again and raised his eyebrows. "It was a little hard at first..." he trailed off with a laugh, gaining an eye roll from Harry.

"Goddamn," Harry laughed, a smirk growing on his lips. "You can do it again whenever you want,"

"Whenever?"

"Whenever,"

"Goddamn," Looking up at the ceiling plastered with faded glow in the dark stars. As he spoke, a stupid smile was smeared across his face, the same smile Harry had on minutes earlier. "Shit!"

Poking Zayn's shoulder lightly, Harry shook his head. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yes," Zayn nodded. "Ask me anything,"

"Why'd you put those stars up that day?" he questioned softly, watching as Zayn's eyes fell, clearly remembering that day as if it had just happened.